Director, Revenue Management
Mailchimp is a leading marketing platform for small business. We empower millions of customers around the world to build their brands and grow their companies with a suite of marketing automation, multichannel campaign, CRM, and analytics tools.
We are seeking a motivated and energetic Director of Revenue Management who will be responsible for developing and communicating pricing strategy across the organization. You’ll support the VP of revenue management in driving ongoing activities and will lead a team that provides strategic decisions through the use of analytics, a heavy data-driven approach, and an operational mindset. Therefore, you should possess strong management skills and be able to concurrently manage multiple pricing workstreams. You’ll interact closely with other leaders across the
organization (e.g., marketing, product, research…) and should have superior communication skills to shape and influence perspectives across the organization.
What you'll do....
- Provide key inputs and analyses into pricing strategy and tactics to hit long-term strategic objectives
- Develop revenue management frameworks and model price optimization across price levers/initiatives
- Develop RM roadmaps with prioritization of key initiatives and execute projects to completion
- Develop revenue forecasting process including price lever/initiative inputs
- Provide key inputs into discounting levels (i.e. promo strategy)
- Define, monitor and update reporting efforts, including continual improvement of data, tools, and processes
- Plan, implement and track pricing pilots and tests
- Work closely with Corporate Development on M&A, research and market intelligence for potential target companies
- Develop meaningful relationships with leaders in the revenue organization and proactively partner to identify, test, and scale processes and tools
- Guide cross-functional teaming to address pricing and marketing issues, as well as new initiatives
- Hire, develop, and manage RM analysts
We would love to hear from you if....
- Bachelor’s degree in business-related or quantitative fields required. MBA strongly preferred
- 5+ years of experience in delivering revenue management/pricing projects
- 3+ years of experience managing or leading teams, with experience managing multiple workflows simultaneously
- Intensive pricing analytics experience e.g., experience with developing and implementing pricing strategies, experience building price optimization models, experience with promotion pilots…
- Cross-functional team leadership, influence, management, and alignment experience
- Training, professional development, and mentorship of junior team members. Retention of high-potential analytical talent
- Ability to prioritize and execute tasks in a fast-moving environment and make sound decisions
- Strong interpersonal, written, and oral communication skills. Demonstrate ability to communicate, present and influence credibly and effectively at all levels of the organization
- Ability to translate high level unstructured ideas in a user-friendly language
- Highly self-motivated and directed
Mailchimp is a founder-owned and highly profitable company headquartered in the heart of Atlanta. Our purpose is to empower the underdog, and our mission is to democratize cutting edge marketing technology for small business. We offer our employees an exceptional workplace, extremely competitive compensation, fully paid benefits (for employees and their families), and generous profit sharing. We hire humble, collaborative, and ambitious people, and give them endless opportunities to grow and succeed.
We love our hometown and support sustainable urban renewal. Our headquarters is in the historic Ponce City Market, right on the Atlanta Beltline. If you'd like to be considered for this position, please apply below. We look forward to meeting you!
Mailchimp is an equal opportunity employer, and we value diversity at our company. We don't discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.