Design Manager, UX Content Strategy
Mailchimp is a leading marketing platform for small business. We empower millions of customers around the world to build their brands and grow their companies with a suite of marketing automation, multichannel campaign, CRM, and analytics tools.
Mailchimp Design is a multi-disciplinary department comprised of brand design, marketing design, product design, design operations, and portfolio design. We work cross functionally with just about every team from marketing to product to culture to deliver a unified customer experience and make things feel like Mailchimp.
We’re looking for a creative Design Manager with a solid understanding of design and content process within mid to large size organizations to lead a team of UX content strategists. You love working with a diverse array of people, embracing UX challenges and obsessing about cultivating transparency, and guiding content approaches. You’re highly collaborative and comfortable leading content critiques. If this sounds like you, and you'd like a chance to join the Mailchimp team, we'd love to hear from you.
What you'll do:
- Take on direct reports and provide guidance, oversight, and mentorship to the team
- Set expectations, help promote a fun, highly collaborative team culture, and continue building the team as we grow
- Manage team’s visibility, documentation, and process tools
- Work closely with content and design managers to advance patterns and standards, as well as finalize timelines and deliverables
- Work with the team to ensure exceptional UX and content deliverables
- Set and exceed best practices and standards, measurable impacts, and design integrity in the final product
- Motivate the team to create content that constantly pushes boundaries to keep Mailchimp at the forefront of UX content strategy
- Oversee project timelines and deliverables, guide production pipeline, and communicate evolving project goals
We'd love to heave from you if you have:
- 6+ years content strategy experience
- 3+ years experience managing content strategy teams, preferably in a SaaS environment
- Experience on teams strategizing for web and mobile
- Bachelor degree in relevant field highly preferred or equivalent experience
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills, along with high degree of emotional intelligence
- Portfolio to illustrate applied experience as the creative process leader on projects
- Able to embrace change and hyper-growth with nimble ease in adapting
Mailchimp is a founder-owned and highly profitable company headquartered in the heart of Atlanta. Our purpose is to empower the underdog, and our mission is to democratize cutting edge marketing technology for small business. We offer our employees an exceptional workplace, extremely competitive compensation, fully paid benefits (for employees and their families), and generous profit sharing. We hire humble, collaborative, and ambitious people, and give them endless opportunities to grow and succeed.
We love our hometown and support sustainable urban renewal. Our headquarters is in the historic Ponce City Market, right on the Atlanta Beltline. If you'd like to be considered for this position, please apply below. We look forward to meeting you!
Mailchimp is an equal opportunity employer, and we value diversity at our company. We don't discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.