Senior Talent Development Manager
Mailchimp is a leading marketing platform for small business. We empower millions of customers around the world to build their brands and grow their companies with a suite of marketing automation, multichannel campaign, CRM, and analytics tools.
Reporting to the Director of Talent Development, the Senior Talent Development Manager will be responsible for developing, supporting, and evaluating key talent development resources, including but not limited to competency frameworks, performance management frameworks and processes, career development, and succession planning and pipeline development.
The Senior Talent Development Manager will have experience in organizational development and talent management leadership, consultation, implementation, and measurement in dynamic and ambiguous organizations. You will closely work with partners and stakeholders across the organization to develop and deliver talent development solutions that will strengthen Mailchimp’s culture, support high performing talent, and drive strategic excellence.
What you’ll do here:
- Define career levels and critical organizational competency frameworks, in partnership with senior leadership, that accurately establishes the knowledge, skills, and attributes needed to be successful at Mailchimp
- Create career development frameworks, including career experience maps, in collaboration with People teams; partner with Talent Strategy and Culture teams to ensure that talent experiences, including internal hiring and internal growth programs, align with employee career experience journeys
- In partnership with senior leadership and Talent Strategy, identify critical roles for Mailchimp overall and create succession framework and plans to inform development priorities and manage organizational risk
- Develop holistic employee development and performance management framework in collaboration with Senior Leadership and People Operations
- Establish a framework of talent reviews for leadership teams to identify high potential talent, accelerate their development, and build our future leader pipeline
- Provide consultation, thought leadership, and coaching to leaders at all levels on performance improvement and change management
- In collaboration with People and Culture teams, provide continuous careful oversight and periodic evaluations of talent development resources and employee experiences as they pertain to performance
- Provide consultative support to People Partners in the areas of performance management, career pathing, job competencies, and change management to ensure successful execution of process and projects
- Develop and lead high performing organizational development team
- Approximately 15-25% travel required.
We'd love to hear from you if:
- You have 7+ years of experience in organizational development, talent development, HR, or equivalent field
- You have 3+ years of experience building and managing a diverse and inclusive team
- You have a proven track record of building (designing, executing, operationalizing, and scaling) organizational development strategies, and measuring their impact
- You have demonstrated expertise in building (designing, delivering, and driving engagement in) competency framework design and career experience mapping
- You have experience developing and delivering high impact succession plans and leadership pipelines
- You have proven change management and change management consulting experience
- You have demonstrated empowering, inclusive management style that optimizes highly capable talent
- You have demonstrated business acumen and holistic business perspective
- You have demonstrated enthusiasm for working in ambiguous business environments
- You have demonstrated bias to action and outcome orientation
- You are adept at managing multiple competing priorities and duties in a fast-paced, outcome-driven, time-critical, rapidly changing environment with minimal supervision
- You have project and program management skills and the ability to oversee multiple simultaneous tasks/projects with minimal supervision
- Bachelor's degree preferred
- Any experience working with distributed teams a plus
Mailchimp is a founder-owned and highly profitable company headquartered in the heart of Atlanta. Our purpose is to empower the underdog, and our mission is to democratize cutting edge marketing technology for small business. We offer our employees an exceptional workplace, extremely competitive compensation, fully paid benefits (for employees and their families), and generous profit sharing. We hire humble, collaborative, and ambitious people, and give them endless opportunities to grow and succeed.
We love our hometown and support sustainable urban renewal. Our headquarters is in the historic Ponce City Market, right on the Atlanta Beltline. If you'd like to be considered for this position, please apply below. We look forward to meeting you!
Mailchimp is an equal opportunity employer, and we value diversity at our company. We don't discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.