Mailchimp is a leading marketing platform for small business. We empower millions of customers around the world to build their brands and grow their companies with a suite of marketing automation, multichannel campaign, CRM, and analytics tools.
We're looking for a skilled editorial manager to lead day-to-day operations for our growing content development team. The ideal candidate has a background in journalism or content marketing and proven experience overseeing content development workflows at all stages, from ideation to publication. You are comfortable leading a team of writers, editors and freelancers. You have the innovative spirit of a writer with the practical focus of an operations manager. You are a keen editor, capable of providing overarching feedback that improves a writer’s craft and elevates content at Mailchimp. You must be comfortable working cross-functionally and interfacing with leaders at all levels of the organization. You should be an advocate for high-impact, innovative content, and a champion of the talent and processes needed to create it.
What you'll do:
- Plan and manage daily editorial operations
- Hire, coach, and mentor a team of writers and editors
- Collaborate with Senior Marketing Manager to build out editorial strategies and calendar
- Plan, staff, and approve assignments for writers and editors
- Edit and evaluate copy for compliance with Mailchimp voice, tone, and style
- Create and curate resources to help writers hone their craft
- Build foundational processes to support content development and the larger business
- Work with content strategists to improve the performance of content over time
- Pitch content ideas and provide updates to senior team members
- Initiate and lead meetings with peers and cross-functional teams
- Partner with senior team members to develop and present new project briefs
- Help maintain Mailchimp’s Center of Content Excellence in an effort to uphold the quality and integrity of Mailchimp content
We'd love to hear from you if you have:
- 5+ years as a managing editor or relevant role
- Exceptional copywriting, editing, and proofreading skills
- Excellent written, verbal, and interpersonal communication skills
- Experience running a vertical at a digital publication
- Familiarity with managing an editorial calendar
- Acute attention to detail and organizational skills
- Demonstrated leadership and problem-solving abilities
- Proven experience managing teams and planning/coordinating editorial operations
- Ability to work cross-functionally on multiple complex projects concurrently
- Awareness and understanding of content’s role in strategic business goals
- Understanding of Mailchimp as a brand and product
- Ability to ideate interesting content relevant to Mailchimp’s various customer segments
Mailchimp is a founder-owned and highly profitable company headquartered in the heart of Atlanta. Our purpose is to empower the underdog, and our mission is to democratize cutting edge marketing technology for small business. We offer our employees an exceptional workplace, extremely competitive compensation, fully paid benefits (for employees and their families), and generous profit sharing. We hire humble, collaborative, and ambitious people, and give them endless opportunities to grow and succeed.
We love our hometown and support sustainable urban renewal. Our headquarters is in the historic Ponce City Market, right on the Atlanta Beltline. If you'd like to be considered for this position, please apply below. We look forward to meeting you!
Mailchimp is an equal opportunity employer, and we value diversity at our company. We don't discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.