Director of Internal Communications
Mailchimp is a leading marketing platform for small business. We empower millions of customers around the world to build their brands and grow their companies with a suite of marketing automation, multichannel campaign, CRM, and analytics tools.
We’re looking for a Director of Internal Communications to lead employee communication strategy and programs at Mailchimp. This includes managing our internal communications team and working with leaders across the company to create and execute communication initiatives. Our internal communications team is responsible for channels including our company intranet, Slack, all-hands meetings, and digital signage at our offices.
We’re looking for a strategic and creative leader who values open and honest two-way communication, and can rally employees around business goals and company-wide changes. Every day is different in this role—in one day, the Director of Internal Communications might write a memo for the COO, oversee a prep session for an upcoming town hall, review a proposal for an internal blog series, and lead a meeting where our Communications Partners provide updates from the teams they support.
This position reports to the Vice President of Communications and Corporate Affairs. The Communications and Corporate Affairs department includes Internal and Corporate Communications, as well as Corporate Citizenship and Public Affairs.
What you’ll do:
- Manage Mailchimp’s internal communications team (4-5 direct reports)
- Create and execute company-wide communication strategies and programs
- Work with leaders from across the company to support department-level and company-level communications
- Write and review executive communications (memos, presentations, blog posts, leadership announcements)
- Plan monthly all-hands meetings, executive fireside chats, and other company-wide events
We’d love to hear from you if you have:
- Experience managing a communications team
- Experience leading internal communications initiatives at a growing company
- Strong writing and editing skills
- Experience with change management
- Preferred experience in the technology industry
- An understanding of Mailchimp’s product, business, and customer base
Mailchimp is a founder-owned and highly profitable company headquartered in the heart of Atlanta. Our purpose is to empower the underdog, and our mission is to democratize cutting edge marketing technology for small business. We offer our employees an exceptional workplace, extremely competitive compensation, fully paid benefits (for employees and their families), and generous profit sharing. We hire humble, collaborative, and ambitious people, and give them endless opportunities to grow and succeed.
Mailchimp is an equal opportunity employer, and we value diversity at our company. We don't discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.