Senior Marketing Manager, Startups
Mailchimp is a leading marketing platform for small business. We empower millions of customers around the world to build their brands and grow their companies with a suite of marketing automation, multichannel campaign, CRM, and analytics tools.
We are looking for a Senior Marketing Manager to lead marketing strategy and operations that engage startup companies, with a particular focus on tech startups. You will have a deep understanding of the global startup ecosystem, and apply this knowledge to create programs, campaigns, and activations that increase awareness of Mailchimp’s product offering and drive adoption within this audience. The ideal candidate will also have a strong understanding of the overall martech and tech industries, and the competition globally.
What you’ll do here:
- Deliver business results for Mailchimp product awareness, acquisition, and retention within the technology-based startup segment
- Build a deep understanding of our customers, the market, vertical markets and the competition across all the regions in which Mailchimp does business
- Create product positioning, value proposition, and messaging for Mailchimp’s offering to technology-based startups
- Launch programs and campaigns to drive business goals within this segment, and measure their impact
- Maintain relationships with organizations within the startup ecosystem, including incubators, accelerators, VCs, and universities
- Partner with the Content Team to support all of the above with webinars, educational tips & tricks, guides, product videos, customer success stories, blog posts, ebooks, infographics, and more
- Work with the Partnerships team to identify opportunities to engage Mailchimp’s network of freelancers, agencies, and service providers to support these goals
We’d love to hear from you if:
- You have 8+ yrs experience in B2SMB or B2C marketing in the Martech, SaaS, cloud, mobile or general technology startup industries
- You have proven experience creating compelling messaging for different segments and personas
- You have proven experience in merchandising across channels, include site merchandising
- You have proven ability to create go-to-market positioning and strategies and to create and position unique solutions for different customers
- You have the ability to craft compelling stories, collateral, and tools around technology products and services for both business and technical buyers
- You're an experienced marketer that understands how to use the full marketing toolkit
- You're technically savvy and intellectually curious about new technologies and how they work to enable new customer solutions
- You're an avid learner who has experience learning new markets and industries and devising solutions and marketing strategies to reach those markets
- You have strong teaming skills and experience to bring together diverse views
- You have the ability to communicate and collaborate effectively
- You have have strong creative, problem solving, and strategic thinking abilities
- You have demonstrated ability to organize and prioritize work to drive results on-time and with high quality
- You have exceptional critical thinking, analytical, and quantitative skills
Mailchimp is a founder-owned and highly profitable company headquartered in the heart of Atlanta. Our purpose is to empower the underdog, and our mission is to democratize cutting edge marketing technology for small business. We offer our employees an exceptional workplace, extremely competitive compensation, fully paid benefits (for employees and their families), and generous profit sharing. We hire humble, collaborative, and ambitious people, and give them endless opportunities to grow and succeed.
We love our hometown and support sustainable urban renewal. Our headquarters is in the historic Ponce City Market, right on the Atlanta Beltline. If you'd like to be considered for this position, please apply below. We look forward to meeting you!
Mailchimp is an equal opportunity employer, and we value diversity at our company. We don't discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.