Senior Software Engineer, Compliance
Mailchimp is a leading marketing platform for small business. We empower millions of customers around the world to build their brands and grow their companies with a suite of marketing automation, multichannel campaign, CRM, and analytics tools
We are seeking an engineer to help us build and support Mailchimp products that protect data subjects’ data and privacy rights. You can expect to develop new and existing features with a cross-functional team of designers, product managers, and quality assurance. You will collaborate with others to optimize our development process and product.
You enjoy putting your head down and writing code, but you're aware that your job isn't done when that code gets deployed: you also enjoy working with support, product, ops, and other teams to keep applications healthy and users happy. You prefer using proven technologies to solve interesting new problems. You've broken production environments—and then buckled down, fixed them and maybe you held a blameless post-mortem about it!
Most of our teams have at least one distributed member, so we encourage flexible working hours and some telecommuting but you should plan to be in the office most days. We’re willing to help you with relocation if you’re not currently local to one of our offices!
We'd love to hear from you if:
- You have proficient coding experience in Go, C, or C++
- You have experience in a software development environment, preferably backend development
- You have experience driving technical projects, prioritizing work, identifying dependencies, facilitating technical decision and cross-functional team discussions
- You’re experienced in designing and implementing application architectures and code that are highly scalable, available, maintainable, and performant
- You can work independently while also putting an emphasis on mentorship of those around you
What you'll do:
- Set technical direction for and own the design and implementation of the overall system architecture and infrastructure
- Develop new and enhance existing features as well as investigate and resolve defects
- Empower team members - including other developers as well as Technical Support and QA - through technical mentoring, contributions to the team’s documentation libraries, and providing automation for manual tasks where appropriate
- Define and adhere to internal coding standards, development processes, and design best practices
- Ensure quality by performing thorough testing and leveraging peer reviews for your work and the work of cross functional teams
- Help scope, estimate, and prioritize work
- Embrace and demonstrate our values: humility, creativity, and independence
Mailchimp is a founder-owned and highly profitable company headquartered in the heart of Atlanta. Our purpose is to empower the underdog, and our mission is to democratize cutting edge marketing technology for small business. We offer our employees an exceptional workplace, extremely competitive compensation, fully paid benefits (for employees and their families), and generous profit sharing. We hire humble, collaborative, and ambitious people, and give them endless opportunities to grow and succeed.