Senior Software Engineer
Mailchimp is a leading marketing platform for small business. We empower millions of customers around the world to build their brands and grow their companies with a suite of marketing automation, multichannel campaign, CRM, and analytics tools.
We’re looking for a senior engineer with an interest in front-end development to join our team and help us build out the future of the front-end at Mailchimp. You can expect to work collaboratively on a team with a cross-functional team of designers, analysts, quality assurance and other engineers to build great, friendly experiences for our customers. You will collaborate with others to optimize our development process and product.
Our ideal candidate has a strong understanding of user experience design, front-end fundamentals (HTML, CSS, JS/ES), and a nuanced understanding of browser behavior and interactions. You are happy to suggest pragmatic solutions to complex problems and enjoy facing a wide array of technical challenges. You like to jump in and try things out, but will happily still take time to help others on your team grow.
Most of our teams have at least one distributed member, so we encourage flexible working hours and some telecommuting but you should plan to be in the office most days. We’re willing to help you with relocation if you’re not currently local to one of our offices!
We'd love to hear from you if:
- You’ve excelled at and enjoyed front-end engineering in a team setting
- You have depth of experience in at least one modern front-end framework and can speak to its benefits (React, Vue, AngularJS, etc.)
- You’re experienced in designing and implementing front-end architectures and code that are performant and reusable
- You have experience driving technical projects, prioritizing work, identifying dependencies, facilitating technical decision and cross-functional team discussions
- You’re a thoughtful communicator - this team is partially distributed so effective written communication is key
- You enjoy putting your head down and writing code, but you're aware that your job isn't done when that code gets deployed: you also enjoy working with support, product, ops, and other teams to keep applications healthy and users happy.
- You've broken production environments—and then buckled down, fixed them and maybe you held a blameless post-mortem about it!
What you'll do:
- Write and maintain clean, maintainable, and well-tested code for the future (and present) of Mailchimp’s front-end
- Empower team members - including other developers as well as Technical Support and QA - through technical mentoring, contributions to the team’s documentation libraries, and providing automation for manual tasks where appropriate
- Share your knowledge with teammates and ensure quality through code review, office hours, Tech Talks, and other avenues
- Define and adhere to internal coding standards, development processes, tooling, and design best practices
- Help scope, estimate, and prioritize work
- Work with design, content strategy, quality assurance and engineering team members to build features from concept through implementation
- Embrace and demonstrate our values: humility, creativity, and independence
Pluses, but not requirements, include:
- Experience and interest in the React ecosystem
- A light background in using server-side languages, such as PHP
- Experience and interest in accessibility
- An appreciation for improving web performance
- Experience with front-end testing patterns
Mailchimp is a founder-owned and highly profitable company headquartered in the heart of Atlanta. Our purpose is to empower the underdog, and our mission is to democratize cutting edge marketing technology for small business. We offer our employees an exceptional workplace, extremely competitive compensation, fully paid benefits (for employees and their families), and generous profit sharing. We hire humble, collaborative, and ambitious people, and give them endless opportunities to grow and succeed.
We love our hometown and support sustainable urban renewal. Our headquarters is in the historic Ponce City Market, right on the Atlanta Beltline. If you'd like to be considered for this position, please apply below. We look forward to meeting you!
Mailchimp is an equal opportunity employer, and we value diversity at our company. We don't discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.