Mailchimp is a leading marketing platform for small business. We empower millions of customers around the world to build their brands and grow their companies with a suite of marketing automation, multichannel campaign, CRM, and analytics tools.
The Data Science team builds applications that make sense of the data created by Mailchimp’s millions of users. By using predictive analytics and big data technologies we help Mailchimp fight spam and empower small businesses with information. We work closely with Mailchimp’s Development and Operations teams to make analytical insights actionable within our infrastructure.
Mailchimp is looking for a Data Scientist to help our data science team’s research efforts. You’ll work alongside software engineers by trialing analyses and training predictive models on our data that will eventually become customer facing and/or internal services, and you'll touch hundreds of terabytes of data.
The ideal candidate is a self-directed, experienced data scientist who believes in demonstrating how data can be used to help our customers. You love new challenges, but you're skeptical of the new hotness. You’ve run analyses using various tools, but you're partial to Python. Communication and cross-validation are tools you use every day.
What you'll do:
- Work to develop analytical techniques for our predictive models as well as improve existing ones using Python’s scientific computing stack
- Help to identify opportunities in Mailchimp data systems
- Work to improve quality and mitigate bias in Mailchimp data systems
- Embrace and demonstrate our values: humility, creativity, and independence
We'd love to hear from you if:
- 2+ years experience working on data science projects or applications
- Development experience in a scientific programming language (Python, R, Matlab, Julia)
- Understanding of statistical analysis and machine learning techniques
- Experience in database systems (SQL or NoSQL)
- Experience with Cloud platforms (Google Cloud, AWS...)
- Ability to communicate methods and results of analyses
Bonus points if:
- Advanced degree in quantitative or technical field
Mailchimp is a founder-owned and highly profitable company headquartered in the heart of Atlanta. Our purpose is to empower the underdog, and our mission is to democratize cutting edge marketing technology for small business. We offer our employees an exceptional workplace, extremely competitive compensation, fully paid benefits (for employees and their families), and generous profit sharing. We hire humble, collaborative, and ambitious people, and give them endless opportunities to grow and succeed.
Mailchimp is an equal opportunity employer, and we value diversity at our company. We don't discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.