Senior Front End Software Engineer, Mandrill
Mailchimp is a leading marketing platform for small business. We empower millions of customers around the world to build their brands and grow their companies with a suite of marketing automation, multichannel campaign, CRM, and analytics tools.
Mandrill, a transactional email platform built by Mailchimp, is a powerful delivery service that can be used for personalized, one-to-one e-commerce emails, and automated transactional emails like password resets, order confirmations, and welcome messages.
We’re looking for a senior engineer to help us build and support the Mandrill product. You can expect to scale and improve the Mandrill platform across the stack, develop new and existing features, as well as build out a rich and robust front-end customer experience for Mandrill. You will help architect patterns that enable long term technical strategy. You will collaborate with others to optimize our development process and product.
At Mailchimp, we value learning, collaboration and clarity. You’ll find success here if you enjoy writing code, but you're aware that your job isn't only about shipping: you are a welcoming contributor that knows how to communicate with your team in order to provide great software. You prefer using proven technologies to solve interesting new problems. You've broken production environments—and then buckled down, fixed them and maybe you held a blameless post-mortem about it!
We’re excited to be adding to our teams in our Mailchimp Oakland office. This is an opportunity to contribute to forming a strong culture in a growing satellite office. You should be comfortable with distributed teams (as you’ll work with many folks in other locations), and also excited about building a strong, inclusive environment for everyone who joins after you.
We'd love to hear from you if:
- You have experience in a software development environment, preferably building and maintaining distributed applications professionally.
- You possess a strong understanding of user experience design, front-end fundamentals (HTML, CSS, JS/ES), and a nuanced understanding of browser behavior and interactions.
- You have experience driving technical projects, prioritizing work, identifying dependencies, facilitating technical decision and team discussions.
- You’re experienced in designing and implementing application architectures and code that are highly scalable, available, maintainable, and performant.
- You can work independently while also putting an emphasis on mentorship of those around you.
- You are passionate about building and delivering great features for customers.
- We’re in the midst of a large-scale adoption of React, so a healthy appetite for both greenfield and legacy components will be appreciated.
What you'll do:
- Set technical direction for and own the design and implementation of the overall front-end system architecture and infrastructure.
- Develop new and enhance existing features as well as investigate and resolve defects.
- Empower team members - including other developers as well as Technical Support and QA - through technical mentoring, contributions to the team’s documentation libraries, and providing automation for manual tasks where appropriate.
- Define and adhere to internal coding standards, development processes, and design best practices.
- Ensure quality by performing thorough testing and leveraging peer reviews for your work and the work of cross functional teams.
- Help scope, estimate, and prioritize work.
- Embrace and demonstrate our values: humility, creativity, and independence.
Mailchimp is a founder-owned and highly profitable company. Our purpose is to empower the underdog, and our mission is to democratize cutting edge marketing technology for small business. We love Oakland and are happy to have a small but growing office right downtown, especially convenient to the BART
We offer our employees an exceptional workplace, extremely competitive compensation, fully paid benefits (for employees and their families), and generous profit sharing. We hire humble, collaborative, and ambitious people, and give them endless opportunities to grow and succeed. If you'd like to be considered for this position, please apply below. We look forward to meeting you!
Mailchimp is an equal opportunity employer, and we value diversity at our company. We don't discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.