Production Manager, Podcasts
Mailchimp is a leading marketing platform for small business. We empower millions of customers around the world to build their brands and grow their companies with a suite of marketing automation, multichannel campaign, CRM, and analytics tools.
We’re looking for a Podcast Manager to join our Brand Marketing team. We value creative, self-driven individuals who care about the work they produce and the people they work with—and we love a good sense of humor, too. If you are an excellent communicator and collaborator who likes to work independently as well as in team settings, keep reading!
The Podcast Manager will work with external production partners and our Mailchimp Studios team to create and produce a wide range of podcasts. Our ideal candidate will have an extensive background in podcast production and the podcasting industry. You’re excited about producing content that enhances our customer experience and embodies our brand, and you’re adept at working with a variety of production stakeholders. You have rigorous creative standards, are extremely well-organized, and are a great negotiator and relationship-builder.
- Develop a vision for original podcast production at Mailchimp and an innovative approach to sourcing and selecting podcast ideas and production partners.
- Establish and maintain relationships with key podcast community professionals, including studios, producers, agents and managers.
- Collaborate with creative partners to develop concepts for new podcasts, field pitches, and build a continual pipeline of content.
- Manage the production of a wide variety of podcasts podcasts from bidding through delivery.
- Work with internal marketing and content teams to guide the development of marketing materials—including trailers, synopses, and social assets—for podcasts.
- Serve as the primary point of contact for content creators and their representatives, ensuring that we develop long-term and mutually beneficial relationships with them.
- Manage the podcast budget, request and review term sheets, generate partner payments, track all outstanding licenses, and work with our internal team to ensure that production-related processes run smoothly.
- Manage the bidding process. Analyze bids and work with our Legal team to develop and negotiate favorable contracts and budgets.
- Define project scope, develop work plans and timetables, draft technical and production specs, and develop scope of works.
- Evaluate and provide detailed notes on pitches, treatments, and in-progress audio projects.
- Work with internal stakeholders to collect and compile thorough and actionable project-related feedback.
- Help make sure that all production assets are well-executed and adhere to our strategy and vision for original content.
- Collaborate with marketers, researchers, and analysts to help establish our content mix, ensuring that projects are creative, high-quality, and align closely with our business goals.
- Determine project risks on an ongoing basis and escalate issues as needed.
- Monitor budget and production activity on projects and communicate project status.
We’d love to hear from you if:
- You have 5+ years experience in the podcasting industry
- You have extensive knowledge of the podcasting community and experience matching the right production partner to the right idea
- You've demonstrated an ability to work cross functionally
- You have excellent project and time management skills
- You are highly experienced using G Suite apps or Microsoft Office (Excel)
- You have exceptional written and verbal communication skills
Mailchimp is a founder-owned and highly profitable company headquartered in the heart of Atlanta. Our purpose is to empower the underdog, and our mission is to democratize cutting edge marketing technology for small business. We offer our employees an exceptional workplace, extremely competitive compensation, fully paid benefits (for employees and their families), and generous profit sharing. We hire humble, collaborative, and ambitious people, and give them endless opportunities to grow and succeed.
We love our hometown and support sustainable urban renewal. Our headquarters is in the historic Ponce City Market, right on the Atlanta Beltline. If you'd like to be considered for this position, please apply below. We look forward to meeting you!
Mailchimp is an equal opportunity employer, and we value diversity at our company. We don't discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.