UX Content Strategist
Mailchimp is a leading marketing platform for small business. We empower millions of customers around the world to build their brands and grow their companies with a suite of marketing automation, multichannel campaign, CRM, and analytics tools.
Mailchimp Design is a multi-disciplinary department comprised of brand design, product design, design operations, and portfolio design. We work cross functionally with just about every team from marketing to product to culture to deliver a unified customer experience and make things feel like Mailchimp.
We’re looking for a UX-focused content strategist, passionate about creating delightful user experiences with a solid understanding of design and editorial processes within mid-size to large organizations. You love working with a diverse array of people, embracing design challenges and obsessing about how we communicate with our customers. You’re highly collaborative, comfortable writing copy for the in-app experience, and understand how to manage requests across a variety of teams and initiatives. If this sounds like you, and you'd like a chance to join the Mailchimp team, we'd love to hear from you.
What you’ll do:
- Write clear and compelling in-app product copy across Mailchimp applications (web, iOS, Android)
- Work closely with designers, researchers, developers, and product managers to create simple and beautiful user experiences, including a consistent and cohesive brand voice
- Help evolve content design processes to facilitate the needs of the business
- Think strategically about how content scales across platforms and verticals and share that thinking with the UXCS and design teams
- Shape and scale voice and tone standards for product content and develop instincts for when, where, and how to employ brand voice
- Advise and coach designers, developers, and other cross-functional team members on copywriting techniques, as well as general writing style
- Lead UX activities and initiatives on cross-functional, design, and UXCS teams
- Develop content models, style guides, copy patterns, and information architecture
- Work with product managers and designers to develop feature positioning for early-stage products with data-informed insights
- Work with product marketing and technical content writers to align messaging across the user experience
- Develop accessible messaging and coordinate localization for different markets
- Advocate for UX content strategy across departments and help identify hiring needs
We’d love to hear from you if you have:
- BA/BS degree or equivalent practical experience
- Created app copy for web and mobile applications, including headlines, buttons, error messages, and instructional copy
- Contributed to UX and content strategy operations
- Worked with writers, content strategists, and other UX disciplines across departments to create consistent user experiences
- Worked closely with engineering and product management teams as part of the software development process
- Bonus points for accessibility and localization knowledge and experience
Mailchimp is a founder-owned and highly profitable company headquartered in the heart of Atlanta. Our purpose is to empower the underdog, and our mission is to democratize cutting edge marketing technology for small business. We offer our employees an exceptional workplace, extremely competitive compensation, fully paid benefits (for employees and their families), and generous profit sharing. We hire humble, collaborative, and ambitious people, and give them endless opportunities to grow and succeed.
We love our hometown and support sustainable urban renewal. Our headquarters is in the historic Ponce City Market, right on the Atlanta Beltline. If you'd like to be considered for this position, please apply below. We look forward to meeting you!
Mailchimp is an equal opportunity employer, and we value diversity at our company. We don't discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.