Project Management Intern, Spring 2020
Mailchimp is a leading marketing platform for small business. We empower millions of customers around the world to build their brands and grow their companies with a suite of marketing automation, multichannel campaign, CRM, and analytics tools.
The Mailchimp internship program started in 2013. In the past 7 years, we’ve had the privilege of bringing in some of the brightest, most talented college students from around the country to spend time with our teams. Our 12 week intern program was designed so that interns can grow their skill set, thrive in the Mailchimp community, and do meaningful work. They also have a lot of fun along the way! All currently enrolled students are eligible to apply for the internship program.
Start Date: January 6, 2019
Our Spring internship program has some flexibility in regards to school schedules; interns are expected to be here for the first week of onboarding, January 6 - January 10, 2020. For students seeking a part-time schedule, the work schedule is set for full days on MWF. Typical work hours are 9am - 5pm, slight adjustments can be made there.
We’re looking for a Project Manager, Intern to join the team. The ideal candidate listens hard, is highly observant, communicative and can organize people and ideas to get things done. You should be a team player who is comfortable learning while also collaborating with Mailchimp’s Marketing, Design, and Engineering teams, among others.
What you’ll do:
- Partner with other Project Managers to facilitate product development practices including stand-ups, planning, showcases and retrospectives
- Maintain team confluence pages, monitor team Jira boards and keep status against plans
- Complete weekly status to inform management of how projects are progressing based on estimated delivery timeframes
We’d love to hear from you if you have:
- Experience as a contributor on a cross-functional team
- Strong written and interpersonal communication skills
- Ability to build relationships and influence within and across immediate working groups
- Working towards a degree or have relevant work experience in Marketing, Product, Design or Technology
- Exposure to or understanding of delivering a consumer based online or software as a service (SaaS)
- Exposure to or understanding of SCRUM / Agile methodologies
Mailchimp is a founder-owned and highly profitable company headquartered in the heart of Atlanta. Our purpose is to empower the underdog, and our mission is to democratize cutting edge marketing technology for small business. We offer our employees an exceptional workplace, extremely competitive compensation, fully paid benefits (for employees and their families), and generous profit sharing. We hire humble, collaborative, and ambitious people, and give them endless opportunities to grow and succeed.
We love our hometown and support sustainable urban renewal. Our headquarters is in the historic Ponce City Market, right on the Atlanta Beltline. If you'd like to be considered for this position, please apply below. We look forward to meeting you!
Mailchimp is an equal opportunity employer, and we value diversity at our company. We don't discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.