Mailchimp Studios Production Intern, Spring 2020
Mailchimp is a leading marketing platform for small business. We empower millions of customers around the world to build their brands and grow their companies with a suite of marketing automation, multichannel campaign, CRM, and analytics tools.
The Mailchimp internship program started in 2013. In the past 7 years, we’ve had the privilege of bringing in some of the brightest, most talented college students from around the country to spend time with our teams. Our 12 week intern program was designed so that interns can grow their skill set, thrive in the Mailchimp community, and do meaningful work. They also have a lot of fun along the way! All currently enrolled students are eligible to apply for the internship program.
Start Date: January 6, 2019
Our Spring internship program has some flexibility in regards to school schedules; interns are expected to be here for the first week of onboarding, January 6 - January 10, 2020. For students seeking a part-time schedule, the work schedule is set for full days on MWF. Typical work hours are 9am - 5pm, slight adjustments can be made there.
Mailchimp Presents is our new entertainment platform that features short-form series, films and podcasts for small businesses and entrepreneurs. We’re looking for a production intern to help with day-to-day tasks surrounding the support of the production team for Mailchimp Presents. The intern will work closely with producers and interact with other teams from Marketing, Social, Design, Web Ops, and Communications. They’ll participate in brainstorming sessions, development meetings, screening of content, research, administrative support and much, much more.
What you’ll do:
- Support the department throughout the development process, production of pilots and green-lit shows
- Perform research on potential production partners and talent
- Assist with document tracking (production scheduling, script reviews, etc) as well as other administrative tasks
- Review content during post- production with a detailed eye and sharp ear
- Meta data input for master library & digital assets
- Participate in all production related meetings
We’d love to hear from you are:
- Detail oriented and exceptionally organized with in-depth research capabilities & excellent communication skills
- Have a strong interest in entertainment production, specifically short form content and podcasts
- Self-motivated, have a great attitude, and be able to multitask well in fast paced environment
- Film knowledge is a plus
Mailchimp is a founder-owned and highly profitable company headquartered in the heart of Atlanta. Our purpose is to empower the underdog, and our mission is to democratize cutting edge marketing technology for small business. We offer our employees an exceptional workplace, extremely competitive compensation, fully paid benefits (for employees and their families), and generous profit sharing. We hire humble, collaborative, and ambitious people, and give them endless opportunities to grow and succeed.
We love our hometown and support sustainable urban renewal. Our headquarters is in the historic Ponce City Market, right on the Atlanta Beltline. If you'd like to be considered for this position, please apply below. We look forward to meeting you!
Mailchimp is an equal opportunity employer, and we value diversity at our company. We don't discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.