Workforce Management Intern, Spring 2020
Mailchimp is a leading marketing platform for small business. We empower millions of customers around the world to build their brands and grow their companies with a suite of marketing automation, multichannel campaign, CRM, and analytics tools.
The Mailchimp internship program started in 2013. In the past 7 years, we’ve had the privilege of bringing in some of the brightest, most talented college students from around the country to spend time with our teams. Our 12 week intern program was designed so that interns can grow their skill set, thrive in the Mailchimp community, and do meaningful work. They also have a lot of fun along the way! All currently enrolled students are eligible to apply for the internship program.
Start Date: January 6, 2019
Our Spring internship program has some flexibility in regards to school schedules; interns are expected to be here for the first week of onboarding, January 6 - January 10, 2020. For students seeking a part-time schedule, the work schedule is set for full days on MWF. Typical work hours are 9am - 5pm, slight adjustments can be made there.
Workforce Analysts are excellent communicators and are extremely well organized. In this role, you will span many different departments with many different duties from scheduling to organizing special queue events. You strive to find the happy harmony between agent well being and quality of work life, quality and speed of customer service, and long term strategic goals. If this sounds like you, we’d love to hear from you!
What you’ll do:
- Create and maintain customer support agent schedules
- Assist in creation and maintenance of manager schedules
- Advise on staffing and hiring needs
- Enforce and document schedule adherence
- Monitor volume trends and making staffing adjustments
- Coordinate and communicate holiday schedules
- Ensure tickets are routing accurately
- Identify high priority tickets and route accordingly
- Maximise efficiency by funneling like tickets to specialist teams
- Proactively produce post-performance analysis as needed
- Provide business insights to customer support senior leadership team based on observations
- Monitor customer escalations and filter to the correct teams
We’d love to hear from you have:
- Strong organizational skills
- Ability to efficiently complete tasks with operational excellence and attention to detail
- Strong communication skills
Mailchimp is a founder-owned and highly profitable company headquartered in the heart of Atlanta. Our purpose is to empower the underdog, and our mission is to democratize cutting edge marketing technology for small business. We offer our employees an exceptional workplace, extremely competitive compensation, fully paid benefits (for employees and their families), and generous profit sharing. We hire humble, collaborative, and ambitious people, and give them endless opportunities to grow and succeed.
We love our hometown and support sustainable urban renewal. Our headquarters is in the historic Ponce City Market, right on the Atlanta Beltline. If you'd like to be considered for this position, please apply below. We look forward to meeting you!
Mailchimp is an equal opportunity employer, and we value diversity at our company. We don't discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.