Marketing Partnerships Intern (Technology), Spring 2020
Mailchimp is a leading marketing platform for small business. We empower millions of customers around the world to build their brands and grow their companies with a suite of marketing automation, multichannel campaign, CRM, and analytics tools.
The Mailchimp internship program started in 2013. In the past 7 years, we’ve had the privilege of bringing in some of the brightest, most talented college students from around the country to spend time with our teams. Our 12 week intern program was designed so that interns can grow their skill set, thrive in the Mailchimp community, and do meaningful work. They also have a lot of fun along the way! All currently enrolled students are eligible to apply for the internship program.
Start Date: January 6, 2019
Our Spring internship program has some flexibility in regards to school schedules; interns are expected to be here for the first week of onboarding, January 6 - January 10, 2020. For students seeking a part-time schedule, the work schedule is set for full days on MWF. Typical work hours are 9am - 5pm, slight adjustments can be made there.
The Partnerships team is a key driver in supporting the relationships that help build our business. We manage strategic partnerships like Facebook, Salesforce, Google, and WooCommerce to provide apps and integrations for Mailchimp users. Our global Mailchimp partner community also consists of digital marketing agencies, freelancers, and trainers who help their clients be successful with Mailchimp.
We’re looking for an intern who can help us connect our strategic partners with more Mailchimp users. This role involves a variety of tasks and research to create marketing campaigns to increase the number of Mailchimp customers using integrations. Our ideal candidate should have excellent communication skills, a strong work ethic, organizational prowess, technical aptitude, and a willingness to learn new concepts.
What'll you'll do:
- Contribute to developing/writing content for marketing campaigns including blogs, webinars, newsletters, emails, social posts/ads, and more
- Conduct a research project to report on integration usage and customer behavior
- Facilitate/coordinate presentations (Slides/PowerPoint)
- Organize and manage content/resources needed by the Partnership team
- Event/Conference planning, attendance and support as needed
- Content management system updates and social sentiment reporting & analysis
We'd love to hear from you if you have:
- Strong written and verbal communication skills
- Proficiency in Google apps, especially Docs, Sheets and Calendar
- Basic understanding of apps, integrations, and APIs
- Good understanding of marketing channels and tactics
- Bonus points for experience working with a content management system
- Fluency in multiple languages a plus
- Bonus points if you are familiar with the Mailchimp app
- Ability to multitask
Mailchimp is a founder-owned and highly profitable company headquartered in the heart of Atlanta. Our purpose is to empower the underdog, and our mission is to democratize cutting edge marketing technology for small business. We offer our employees an exceptional workplace, extremely competitive compensation, fully paid benefits (for employees and their families), and generous profit sharing. We hire humble, collaborative, and ambitious people, and give them endless opportunities to grow and succeed.
We love our hometown and support sustainable urban renewal. Our headquarters is in the historic Ponce City Market, right on the Atlanta Beltline. If you'd like to be considered for this position, please apply below. We look forward to meeting you!
Mailchimp is an equal opportunity employer, and we value diversity at our company. We don't discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.