Quality Assurance Analyst Intern, Summer 2020
Mailchimp is a leading marketing platform for small business. We empower millions of customers around the world to build their brands and grow their companies with a suite of marketing automation, multichannel campaign, CRM, and analytics tools.
The Mailchimp internship program started in 2013. In the past 7 years, we’ve had the privilege of bringing in some of the brightest, most talented college students from around the country to spend time with our teams. Our 12 week intern program was designed so that interns can grow their skill set, thrive in the Mailchimp community, and do meaningful work. They also have a lot of fun along the way! All currently enrolled students are eligible to apply for the internship program.
Start Date: May 18th, 2020 or June 8th, 2020
Mailchimp’s Quality Assurance team works within the Engineering team to help ensure that we deliver a delightful Mailchimp user experience. Analysts test new features and updates to Mailchimp’s products with an eye toward user experience, identifying defects and experimenting with how features can be used in real-world settings.
As a Quality Assurance Analyst Intern, you’ll work alongside QA Analysts to test new features and updates to Mailchimp’s products. You’d be great in this role if you’re inquisitive, enthusiastic and flexible. You should have strong communication skills and not be afraid to manage multiple projects and priorities at once. You should have a real curiosity about how large scale software is built and tested.
What you’ll do:
- Collaborate with cross-functional teams throughout the design, development, and release process
- Write user-focused test plans and test cases for product release
- Document features for testing teammates, support agents, and cross-functional groups
- Communicate testing success and sticking points to product leads during release process
- Work with QA Test Engineers to identify areas of the Mailchimp application that benefit from automated testing
- Help to prioritize the backlog of scripted tests
We’d love to hear from you if you have:
- Strong written and verbal communication skills, and ability to communicate with technical and non-technical teams
- Exceptional analytical and problem solving skills
- Strong research skills, including ability to understand user experience and fit it into testing
- Ability to adapt priorities on the fly based on emerging needs for users and development
- Proficiency in Google Apps or Microsoft Office
- Resourcefulness and a willingness to seek out information
- Humility and a willingness to learn new things
- An attraction to exploration and curiosity
Mailchimp is a founder-owned and highly profitable company headquartered in the heart of Atlanta. Our purpose is to empower the underdog, and our mission is to democratize cutting edge marketing technology for small business. We offer our employees an exceptional workplace, extremely competitive compensation, fully paid benefits (for employees and their families), and generous profit sharing. We hire humble, collaborative, and ambitious people, and give them endless opportunities to grow and succeed.
We love our hometown and support sustainable urban renewal. Our headquarters is in the historic Ponce City Market, right on the Atlanta Beltline. If you'd like to be considered for this position, please apply below. We look forward to meeting you!
Mailchimp is an equal opportunity employer, and we value diversity at our company. We don't discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.