IT Engineering Manager
Mailchimp is a leading marketing platform for small business. We empower millions of customers around the world to build their brands and grow their companies with a suite of marketing automation, multichannel campaign, CRM, and analytics tools.
Mailchimp’s IT team is responsible for employee IT infrastructure and tooling, as well as provisioning, configuring, managing, and supporting the IT tools our employees use to do great work. Team members work closely with our People Operations, Systems, and Security teams to provide the employee hardware and software tools needed to move the company and our products forward.
We’re looking for a Manager of IT Engineering to help us grow the team as the company grows. The ideal candidate is a dynamic leader with experience in transforming teams to handle the stair step growth that comes with a rapidly expanding company. This person needs to embody the company motto of “Listen Hard, Change Fast,” have a desire to constantly improve things (processes, technology, team structure), and be willing to challenge status quo.What you’ll do:
- Collaborate with Networks, Security, HR, and other teams to build, maintain, and improve tooling/infrastructure and documentation that helps meets the business needs of all employees today and for the future.
- Engage with IT Engineering community to bring ideas and innovation to the team.
- Provide a clear and direct process for our IT Engineering team to collaborate across departments and prioritize their workload.
- Participate with peers and Directors to ensure the organizational structure is a help, and not a hindrance, to getting work done.
- Collaborate with engineers to help define their career path through challenging growth opportunities.
- Collaborate with technical leads to prioritize work, ensure the team has appropriate skills and size to accomplish goals, and ensure any roadblocks are removed from the team’s path.
- Recruit, onboard, manage and retain a team of IT Systems Engineers
- Enjoy working in an open, inclusive environment where diversity in many forms (ethnicity, gender identity, sexual orientation, religious affiliation, etc.) is celebrated.
- Are committed to exemplary work quality.
- Have an understanding of IT Engineering - hardware, OS, application deployment, monitoring, configuration management, etc.
- Are able to work with technical leads to ensure best technical practices are in place and followed.
- Willingly embrace iterative cycles as the means for building seamless products/tools.
- Have exceptional ability to effectively motivate and manage teams of individuals.
- Are committed to increasing efficiency in the workplace by continuously reviewing and adjusting processes, org structure, tools, etc.
- Worked in IT in a creative or software company.
- Worked with Jamf Pro or similar enterprise macOS management technologies.
- Managed or supported Microsoft Active Directory.
- Built, maintained, or supported an enterprise (multi-VLAN, 802.1X authenticated) network.
Mailchimp is a founder-owned and highly profitable company headquartered in the heart of Atlanta. Our purpose is to empower the underdog, and our mission is to democratize cutting edge marketing technology for small business. We offer our employees an exceptional workplace, extremely competitive compensation, fully paid benefits (for employees and their families), and generous profit sharing. We hire humble, collaborative, and ambitious people, and give them endless opportunities to grow and succeed.
Mailchimp is an equal opportunity employer, and we value diversity at our company. We don't discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.