Senior Product Marketing Manager, Connected Experience
Mailchimp is a leading marketing platform for small business. We empower millions of customers around the world to build their brands and grow their companies with a suite of marketing automation, multichannel campaign, CRM, and analytics tools.
Mailchimp’s Product Marketing team bridges art and commerce to make a meaningful impact on the company’s brand, product, and business goals. We develop creative and innovative marketing strategies to take Mailchimp’s marketing platform to customers across the globe. And we’re looking for business leaders who want to make a meaningful contribution to our business goals in a high growth environment.
We are seeking a data-driven, strategic Senior Product Marketing Manager who will be responsible for helping to drive the success of the Mailchimp Marketing Platform in the global market. This will include developing a deep understanding of Mailchimp customers and prospects, products and technology, the overall market, key vertical markets and segments, and the competition.
This role will lead a team focused on the connectivity of Mailchimp’s core platform and product experience, including things like marketing automations, marketing the Mailchimp mobile app, and bringing new data and service products to market.You will work closely with all other marketing functions and product management to accurately position Mailchimp solutions in the marketplace and define go-to-market strategies that will accelerate growth globally.
What you'll do here:
- Build a deep understanding of our customers, the market, vertical markets and the competition across all the regions in which Mailchimp does business
- Build positioning, targeting, pricing, and messaging for relevant segments and audiences
- Define clear and compelling customer pain points, value propositions, competitive differentiation, and customer success stories
- Create new product introduction strategies and go-to-market plans for services, customer education & training, and 3rd party integrations
- Partner with the Content Team to support all of the above including webinars, educational tips & tricks, in-app messaging, guides, product videos, customer success stories, blog posts, ebooks, infographics, and more
- Work with the product management and support teams to uncover new markets and use cases, define new offers and influence roadmap decisions
- Validate hypotheses through customer insights, data analysis, and testing
- Monitor competitive activities, identifying gaps and opportunities
We would love to hear from you if:
- You have 8+ yrs experience in B2SMB or B2C product marketing in the Martech, SaaS, cloud or mobile technology industries
- You have roven ability to create go-to-market positioning and strategies and to create and position unique solutions for different customers
- You have a proven track record of shaping product roadmaps and user experiences through deep consumer understanding, actionable insights and sound recommendations
- You have proven experience creating compelling messaging for different segments and personas
- You have the ability to craft compelling stories, collateral, and tools around technology products and services for both business and technical buyers
- You are an experienced marketer that understands how to use the full marketing toolkit
- You are technically savvy and intellectually curious about new technologies and how they work to enable new customer solutions
- You're an avid learner who has experience learning new markets and industries and devising solutions and marketing strategies to reach those markets
- You have strong teaming skills and experience to bring together diverse views
- You have the ability to communicate and collaborate effectively
- You have strong creative, problem solving, and strategic thinking abilities
- You have demonstrated ability to organize and prioritize work to drive results on-time and with high quality
- You have exceptional critical thinking, analytical, and quantitative skills
- You have proven experience leading and managing teams
Mailchimp is a founder-owned and highly profitable company headquartered in the heart of Atlanta. Our purpose is to empower the underdog, and our mission is to democratize cutting edge marketing technology for small business. We offer our employees an exceptional workplace, extremely competitive compensation, fully paid benefits (for employees and their families), and generous profit sharing. We hire humble, collaborative, and ambitious people, and give them endless opportunities to grow and succeed.
We love our hometown and support sustainable urban renewal. Our headquarters is in the historic Ponce City Market, right on the Atlanta Beltline. If you'd like to be considered for this position, please apply below. We look forward to meeting you!
Mailchimp is an equal opportunity employer, and we value diversity at our company. We don't discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.