Corporate Communications Intern, Spring 2020
Mailchimp is a leading marketing platform for small business. We empower millions of customers around the world to build their brands and grow their companies with a suite of marketing automation, multichannel campaign, CRM, and analytics tools.
The Mailchimp internship program started in 2013. In the past 7 years, we’ve had the privilege of bringing in some of the brightest, most talented college students from around the country to spend time with our teams. Our 12 week intern program was designed so that interns can grow their skill set, thrive in the Mailchimp community, and do meaningful work. They also have a lot of fun along the way! All currently enrolled students are eligible to apply for the internship program.
Start Date: January 6, 2019
Our Spring internship program has some flexibility in regards to school schedules; interns are expected to be here for the first week of onboarding, January 6 - January 10, 2020. For students seeking a part-time schedule, the work schedule is set for full days on MWF. Typical work hours are 9am - 5pm, slight adjustments can be made there.
We’re looking for a Corporate Communications Intern to support our team, assisting with multiple cross-departmental communication projects and performing some administrative functions. The role requires strong writing and communications skills, the ability to prioritize and manage multiple tasks at any given time, outstanding organizational and research skills, keen attention to detail, and a willingness to learn.
The ideal candidate will be eager to support a variety of communications projects including media and PR opportunities, researching and reporting, and writing and editing. You should expect to submit a portfolio of writing samples/relevant work if selected for an interview.
What you’ll do:
Additional responsibilities will include supporting internal and external communications projects, such as:
- Supporting the customer vetting process and outreach for PR opportunities
- Researching and submitting for awards and recognition
- Supporting Mailchimp’s Speaker Network by vetting speaking opportunities, coordinating conference talk requests, maintaining a database of talks and speakers
- Media monitoring and reporting
- Assisting with various media and PR opportunities (researching and reading, pitching media, preparing media background materials, PR launches)
- Organizing and managing content and resources needed by the Communications team
We’d love to hear from you if you have:
- Previous communications or PR experience preferred
- Strong writing and editing skills
- Strong interest in research and analysis
- Strong understanding of media landscape
- Self-starter with experience in fast-paced, deadline-driven environments
Mailchimp is a founder-owned and highly profitable company headquartered in the heart of Atlanta in the historic Ponce City Market, right on the Beltline. Our purpose is to empower the underdog, and our mission is to democratize cutting edge marketing technology for small business. We offer our employees an exceptional workplace, extremely competitive compensation, fully paid benefits (for employees and their families), and generous profit sharing. We hire humble, collaborative, and ambitious people, and give them endless opportunities to grow and succeed. If you'd like to be considered for this position, please apply below. We look forward to meeting you!
Mailchimp is an equal opportunity employer, and we value diversity at our company. We don't discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.