Mailchimp is a leading marketing platform for small business. We empower millions of customers around the world to build their brands and grow their companies with a suite of marketing automation, multichannel campaign, CRM, and analytics tools.
We’re looking for an enthusiastic, skilled and hands-on manager who can bring their expertise in Experimentation and build a test & learn culture that helps teams in creating a best-in-class marketing platform and customer experience. You’ll collaborate with Product and Engineering teams to execute experiments, as well as consult with teams and enable them to run their own experiments in collaboration with Product Analysts. In this role, you’ll be managing our Optimizely implementation, best practices around experimentation, and evangelizing those best practices to the rest of the company. As a Manager of Experimentation, you will be working cross-functionally with other managers in Analytics, UX Research, Marketing, Engineering, Design, and Product Management to ensure productive cross-functional collaboration. The ideal candidate will have experience in similar marketing optimization, technical, and testing domains and be a skilled collaborator who’s able to work across departments and disciplines.
- Champion optimization and experimentation to create a testing culture that rapidly tests, measures, and iterates, driving fundamental improvement to the customer experience and targeted KPIs
- Work cross-functionally and leverage various data sources to prioritize experiments across teams and ensuring your team is focused on creating learnings around high value experiences, helping to reach our company goals and managing any potentially conflicting experiments across the application.
- Develop and manage a comprehensive roadmap for testing and optimizing touch points across the entire customer journey including MailChimp.com, the MailChimp application and mobile app in partnership with cross-functional partners and others in Product Analytics
- Manage the end-to-end operations of an AB testing program including planning, test design and deployment, QA, measurement and reporting
- Serve as a subject matter expert on design and execution of experiments
- Create company wide conversations to discuss results and recommendations from recent experiments and communicate the impact the program is having on the company
- Own and manage a process to document planned experiments and results for others in the company to access
- Identify emerging optimization tools and methodologies through regular vendor review, and recommend new testing techniques and next-generation testing technologies to improve test quality and effectiveness
- Extensive experience in a testing/optimization focused role
- Bachelor’s or Graduate degree (business or technical)
- Strong communication, collaboration, and problem-solving abilities
- Must have strong experience working with AB testing tools (e.g.- Optimizely, VWO, Google Optimize, etc)
- Expertise related to A/B testing and experimentation statistics
- Ability to effectively present complex data and concepts to any audience
- Experience leveraging Web Analytics tools (Google Analytics or similar) to derive insights and identify new opportunities for experiments
- Ability to develop strong collaborative partnerships with business stakeholders and engineering a must
- Experience working with an Agile Product Development a strong plus
- Strong working knowledge of SQL a plus
- Experience with Google BigQuery, Data Studio, and Datalab a plus
Mailchimp is a founder-owned and highly profitable company headquartered in the heart of Atlanta in the historic Ponce City Market, right on the Beltline. Our purpose is to empower the underdog, and our mission is to democratize cutting edge marketing technology for small business. We offer our employees an exceptional workplace, extremely competitive compensation, fully paid benefits (for employees and their families), and generous profit sharing. We hire humble, collaborative, and ambitious people, and give them endless opportunities to grow and succeed. If you'd like to be considered for this position, please apply below. We look forward to meeting you!
Mailchimp is an equal opportunity employer, and we value diversity at our company. We don't discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.