Group Product Manager
Mailchimp is a leading marketing platform for small business. We empower millions of customers around the world to build their brands and grow their companies with a suite of marketing automation, multichannel campaign, CRM, and analytics tools.
As a Group Product Manager you will be responsible for the development and coaching of a team of Associate Product Managers along with ownership of a product portfolio. You will provide thought leadership and direction that drives customer experience and brand goals. This full-time opportunity is based in Atlanta, GA.
What you'll do here:
- Lead a team of junior and mid-level Product Managers on delivering requirements, supervising team members’ delivery and execution throughout the product delivery lifecycle
- Create and foster career development goals for team in alignment with company, product and personal growth objectives
- Be a point of escalation and prioritization for team, assessing implications of changes to project scope, timeline, or resources and mitigating or pivoting accordingly
- Mentor Product Managers on the tenets of product management and data analysis
- Develop holistic strategy across a portfolio of products that ensures a frictionless customer experience, resulting in a focused product roadmap solving for a key customer problem
- Define key qualitative and quantitative metrics for product portfolio and review with Product Managers
- Owns product portfolio backlog; partner with product managers within the portfolio to regularly groom backlogs
- Partner with Research to analyze competitive set aligned to portfolio; develop deep knowledge of customer needs along with an understanding of the digital marketing landscape for small businesses
- Collaborate with Product Marketing and Growth teams to identify audiences and release strategy to drive product adoption
- Identify portfolio KPIs monitoring performance for opportunities to maximize performance or for course correction
We'd love to hear from you if:
- You are capable of synthesizing big-picture product strategy that meets customer needs of multiple segments
- You are adept at collaboration with peers, subordinates and superiors across the organization to plan and achieve strategy goals
- You effectively communicate (both verbally and written) with multiple groups, including C-level executives
- You have expert analytical skills with the ability to clearly communicate data insights
- You leads by example and have excellent interpersonal skills with a focus on relationship development and mentorship
- You have strong familiarity with web technologies (coding experience not required)
- You have bachelor’s Degree or relevant work experience
- You have extensive experience in a product-related functions with responsibility for delivering against a product roadmap with experience mentoring junior roles or leading a team
- You have advanced experience delivering consumer based online or software as a service (SaaS) experiences in a SCRUM / Agile environment
Mailchimp is a founder-owned and highly profitable company headquartered in the heart of Atlanta in the historic Ponce City Market, right on the Beltline. Our purpose is to empower the underdog, and our mission is to democratize cutting edge marketing technology for small business. We offer our employees an exceptional workplace, extremely competitive compensation, fully paid benefits (for employees and their families), and generous profit sharing. We hire humble, collaborative, and ambitious people, and give them endless opportunities to grow and succeed. If you'd like to be considered for this position, please apply below. We look forward to meeting you!
Mailchimp is an equal opportunity employer, and we value diversity at our company. We don't discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.