Senior Software Engineer, Partner Experience
Mailchimp is a leading marketing platform for small business. We empower millions of customers around the world to build their brands and grow their companies with a suite of marketing automation, multichannel campaign, CRM, and analytics tools.
As a senior full-stack engineer on the Partner Experience team, you’ll help us build products that enable our partners to extend what our customers can already do with Mailchimp.
You can expect to work closely with a cross-functional team of product managers, designers, analysts, QA, and other engineers to build intuitive and delightful software. You’ll be using modern technologies to solve interesting problems, and you’ll find success here if you know that productive software development isn't only about shipping code. We specifically seek out self-aware, empathetic people who work well with others, and can help maintain a healthy working environment based on mutual trust and respect.
You should have experience designing and implementing application architectures, and writing code that is highly scalable, available, maintainable, and performant. As a senior member of a team working on an early stage project, you should be comfortable resolving ambiguity and be excited about the prospect of shaping what we build as well as how we build it. You’ll be helping to drive the technical success of the project, so it’s important for you to be able to prioritize work, identify dependencies, and facilitate technical decision making.
You should also be comfortable working in a distributed team as you’ll be working with folks in multiple locations.
We'd love to hear from you if:
- You have experience working in at least one modern front-end framework (React, Vue, AngularJS, etc.) in a large, production environment
- You have experience in at least one server-side language, such as PHP
- You have built something on Google Cloud Platform, AWS, or similar platform
- You’re experienced in designing and implementing application architectures and code that are highly scalable, available, maintainable, and performant
- You're comfortable working on an early stage project, see ambiguity as opportunity, and are excited to collaborate with others to help define what we build
- You have experience driving technical projects, prioritizing work, identifying dependencies, facilitating technical decision and cross-functional team discussions
- You use data to inform your decision-making process and are passionate about building and delivering great features for customers
What you'll do:
- Write and maintain clean, maintainable, and well-tested code for the future (and present)
- Help scope, estimate, and prioritize work
- Work with product, design, content strategy, quality assurance and engineering team members to build features from concept through implementation
- Empower team members - including other developers as well as Technical Support and QA - through technical mentoring, contributions to the team’s documentation libraries, and providing automation for manual tasks where appropriate
- Share your knowledge with teammates and ensure quality through code review, office hours, Tech Talks, and other avenues
- Define and adhere to internal coding standards, development processes, tooling, and design best practices
- Embrace and demonstrate our values: humility, creativity, and independence
Mailchimp is a founder-owned and highly profitable company headquartered in the heart of Atlanta in the historic Ponce City Market, right on the Beltline. Our purpose is to empower the underdog, and our mission is to democratize cutting edge marketing technology for small business. We offer our employees an exceptional workplace, extremely competitive compensation, fully paid benefits (for employees and their families), and generous profit sharing. We hire humble, collaborative, and ambitious people, and give them endless opportunities to grow and succeed. If you'd like to be considered for this position, please apply below. We look forward to meeting you!
Mailchimp is an equal opportunity employer, and we value diversity at our company. We don't discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.