Product Analytics Operations Intern, Spring 2020
The Mailchimp internship program started in 2013. In the past 7 years, we’ve had the privilege of bringing in some of the brightest, most talented college students from around the country to spend time with our teams. Our 12 week intern program was designed so that interns can grow their skill set, thrive in the Mailchimp community, and do meaningful work. They also have a lot of fun along the way! All currently enrolled students are eligible to apply for the internship program.
Start Date: January 6, 2019
Our Spring internship program has some flexibility in regards to school schedules; interns are expected to be here for the first week of onboarding, January 6 - January 10, 2020. For students seeking a part-time schedule, the work schedule is set for full days on MWF. Typical work hours are 9am - 5pm, slight adjustments can be made there.
Analytics Operations Team
You’ll be joining the Analytics Operations team who is focused on supporting the structure and strategic initiatives of the Product Analytics team. We amplify the impact and findings of our team through continuous evaluation and iteration of process, communication, and information flow efficiencies, which ultimately enable momentum towards data-informed, timely strategic decisions.
The intern we're looking for:
We’re looking for an intern to support the day-to-day of Analytics Operations on the Product Analytics team in an effort to help Mailchimp become a more data-driven organization. You’ll be responsible for helping build, scale, support, and manage processes for the team, create and maintain a repository of tools and trainings, and manage cross-company communications via multiple channels.
What you’ll do:
- Support the day-to-day operations of Product Analytics
- Support the Analytics Ops lead in creating cross-functional communication channels for Product Analytics, including current solutions like Confluence and a newsletter, and help identify future solutions
- Coordinate planning & execution of meetings, events, workshops, etc.
- Help maintain the overall organization of our Product Analytics artifacts (decks, spreadsheets, deliverables, etc.) and find new, creative ways to share and document findings for company-wide accessibility and easy searchability
- Collect and organize weekly status updates to enable communication for Product Analytics Leadership to ensure insights are consistent, clear, and tailored to the right audiences across the organization
- Coordinate all training sessions for new software, tools, and procedures. Help maintain tools and contracts
- Identify and communicate any process issues
- Coordinate with analytics vendors
- Work on ad hoc/special projects to support the Product Analytics/Ops team, as needed
We’d love to hear from you:
- Have experience in any of the following capacities:
- Operations/Logistics/Supply Chain/Traffic Management
- Project Management/Program Management
- Are detail-oriented, exceptionally organized, and have excellent communication skills
- Are a proactive self-starter, have a great attitude, and be able to multitask well in a fast-paced environment
- Are familiar with Google Suite products and JIRA/Confluence
- Bonus points: You have previously worked within a DesignOps, ResearchOps, or ProductOps environment, or have Analytics and/or CRM experience