Engineer II - Data Services (Data Management)
Mailchimp is a leading marketing platform for small business. We empower millions of customers around the world to build their brands and grow their companies with a suite of marketing automation, multichannel campaign, CRM, and analytics tools.
Data Management within the Data Services department at Mailchimp interfaces with all business units. This role will be focused on facilitating onboarding of users to the Mailchimp Analytics Platform, and specifically the Looker tool. You will partner with users across the company to help them understand their data and how best to visualize it in Looker. You will also be involved in informing and executing on our data security and privacy best practices and becoming a subject matter expert on Mailchimp's data warehouse.
What you’ll do:
- Partner with product analysts, data scientists, business users, and others to understand their needs and come up with an end-to-end solution
- Translate business requirements to actionable data tasks (English <-> SQL)
- Become a subject matter expert on Looker, both as a development platform and visualization tool
- Be responsible for maintaining security and data access models within Looker
We’d love to hear from you if you:
- Strong business intuition and ability to understand complex business systems
- Strong technical accomplishments in SQL and data analysis skills
- Expertise in visualization technologies including Tableau, Looker and/or another BI tool
- Experience with BigQuery is a big plus.
- Experience with GCP/AWS or other cloud providers is preferred.
- Familiarity with structuring and writing ETLs
Mailchimp is a founder-owned and highly profitable company headquartered in the heart of Atlanta in the historic Ponce City Market, right on the Beltline. Our purpose is to empower the underdog, and our mission is to democratize cutting edge marketing technology for small business. We offer our employees an exceptional workplace, extremely competitive compensation, fully paid benefits (for employees and their families), and generous profit sharing. We hire humble, collaborative, and ambitious people, and give them endless opportunities to grow and succeed. If you'd like to be considered for this position, please apply below. We look forward to meeting you!
Mailchimp is an equal opportunity employer, and we value diversity at our company. We don't discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.