Software Engineer III - Data Systems
Mailchimp is a leading marketing platform for small business. We empower millions of customers around the world to build their brands and grow their companies with a suite of marketing automation, multichannel campaign, CRM, and analytics tools.
The Data Application Development team is responsible for software development in the Mailchimp Analytics Platform. You will be building, scaling and maintaining data applications and infrastructure.
What you’ll do:
- Work collaboratively with data engineers, networking engineers, data scientists and product engineers.
- Build and maintain Mailchimp’s data infrastructure.
- Build and maintain data applications for both internal and external customers.
- Execute on Mailchimp’s data roadmap.
We’d love to hear from you if you:
- Experience writing Java applications
- Experience with version control (git or similar)
- Backend software development experience
- Familiarity with Linux
- Familiarity with Docker
- Prior experience working on a team with established code review conventions
- Comfortable working on a distributed team
- Experience developing high performance backend services
- Experience running Java, Python, and/or PHP in production
- Experience with Kubernetes
- Experience with GCP or AWS
- Experience solving Data Engineering problems at a past organization
- Familiarity with Data Science
- Experience with monitoring and alerting production services
Mailchimp is a founder-owned and highly profitable company headquartered in the heart of Atlanta in the historic Ponce City Market, right on the Beltline. Our purpose is to empower the underdog, and our mission is to democratize cutting edge marketing technology for small business. We offer our employees an exceptional workplace, extremely competitive compensation, fully paid benefits (for employees and their families), and generous profit sharing. We hire humble, collaborative, and ambitious people, and give them endless opportunities to grow and succeed. If you'd like to be considered for this position, please apply below. We look forward to meeting you!
Mailchimp is an equal opportunity employer, and we value diversity at our company. We don't discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.