Senior Design Manager, Marketing Design
Mailchimp is a leading marketing platform for small business. We empower millions of customers around the world to build their brands and grow their companies with a suite of marketing automation, multichannel campaign, CRM, and analytics tools.
Mailchimp CX & Design is a multi-disciplinary department comprised of brand design, marketing design, product design, design operations, and customer experience design. We work cross-functionally with just about every team from marketing to product to culture to deliver a unified customer experience and bring the Mailchimp brand to life.
We’re looking for a Senior Design Manager with a solid understanding of design process within mid to large size organizations to lead our Marketing Design team. In this role, you will be leading a team of designers that increase feature awareness through the marketing lifecycle as well as collaborating with our .com and product design efforts. You love being plugged into the customer journey and obsess over building a cohesive digital experience. You love working with a diverse array of people, embracing design challenges and cultivating transparency You’re highly collaborative and comfortable leading design critiques. If this sounds like you, and you'd like a chance to join the Mailchimp team, we'd love to hear from you.
What you’ll do here:
- You will actively manage digital and interactive designers and provide guidance, oversight, and mentorship to the team
- Set expectations and help promote a fun, highly collaborative team culture
- Lead and mentor team through helping to set career goals, weekly 1:1 with team members and guiding through daily challenges
- Manage team’s visibility, documentation and process tools
- Work closely with marketing managers to advance patterns and standards as well as finalize timelines and deliverables
- Work with the team to ensure exceptional design deliverables; set and exceed best practices and standards, measurable impacts, and design integrity in the final product
- Collaborate with other design managers on product and experience consistency
- Motivate the team to create designs that constantly push boundaries to keep MailChimp at the forefront of UX and digital design
- Oversee project timelines and deliverables, guide production pipeline and communicate evolving project goals
We’d love to hear from you if:
- You have extensive and direct design experience
- You have experience managing creative design teams
- You have a strong background with leading marketing design and product awareness initiatives
- You have advertising agency experience - portfolio showcasing full service work
- You have a bachelor’s degree in a relevant field preferred or equivalent experience
- You are an excellent communicator (verbal and written)
- You have a portfolio to illustrate applied experience as the creative process leader on projects
- You have the ability to embrace change and hyper-growth with nimble ease in adapting
Mailchimp is a founder-owned and highly profitable company headquartered in the heart of Atlanta in the historic Ponce City Market, right on the Beltline. Our purpose is to empower the underdog, and our mission is to democratize cutting edge marketing technology for small business. We offer our employees an exceptional workplace, extremely competitive compensation, fully paid benefits (for employees and their families), and generous profit sharing. We hire humble, collaborative, and ambitious people, and give them endless opportunities to grow and succeed. If you'd like to be considered for this position, please apply below. We look forward to meeting you!
Mailchimp is an equal opportunity employer, and we value diversity at our company. We don't discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.