Director of UX Design
Mailchimp is a leading marketing platform for small business. We empower millions of customers around the world to build their brands and grow their companies with a suite of marketing automation, multichannel campaign, CRM, and analytics tools.
Our design team is a multi-disciplinary department comprised of brand design, product design, design operations, and portfolio design. We work cross functionally with just about every team from marketing to product to culture to deliver a unified customer experience and make things feel like Mailchimp.
We are looking for a passionate and influential leader to join our team as the Director of Marketing Design leading design for Mailchimp.com. The ideal person is a team promoter, mentor, people manager and advocate of design culture. You should have a strong creative design background and experience developing marketing campaigns.
The UX Marketing Design Director should be able to generate UX requirements when provided business desires, design graphic elements, and build UI mockups and prototypes to present to stakeholders. Applicants should present a professional design portfolio including solutions across multiple devices that showcases strong UI/UX examples.
What you’ll do here:
- Lead the internal and external marketing design teams
- Partner with cross functional directors to prioritize and schedule marketing projects
- Provide career guidance and mentorship to a growing team of designers and managers
- Staff, communicate and deliver marketing design projects
- Elevate the creative work with hands-on guidance
- Help recruit exceptional individual contributors and cultivate future design leaders
- Enlist external contractors, freelancers and agencies to assist with projects
- Exemplify user-centric design culture, values, and principles
We’d love to hear from you if:
- You have a strong UI and UX background
- You have great design sensibility and a portfolio to prove it
- You have extensive experience leading design teams, preferably in a SaaS environment
- You have strong experience in cross functionally with marketing, product, content and other design groups
- You have experience in partnering with agencies and managing agency relationships
- You're an excellent communicator and problem solver
- You possess knowledge and experience around Scrum/Agile design and development process
- You have ample experience as a hands on designer
- Strong experience in web deployment and production
- BA/BS degree in design, design and research, human-computer interaction, or a related field or equivalent practical experience
Mailchimp is a founder-owned and highly profitable company headquartered in the heart of Atlanta in the historic Ponce City Market, right on the Beltline. Our purpose is to empower the underdog, and our mission is to democratize cutting edge marketing technology for small business. We offer our employees an exceptional workplace, extremely competitive compensation, fully paid benefits (for employees and their families), and generous profit sharing. We hire humble, collaborative, and ambitious people, and give them endless opportunities to grow and succeed. If you'd like to be considered for this position, please apply below. We look forward to meeting you!
Mailchimp is an equal opportunity employer, and we value diversity at our company. We don't discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.
Curious to how hiring has shifted related to COVID-19? Click here to find out more!