Support Communications Associate
Mailchimp is a leading marketing platform for small business. We empower millions of customers around the world to build their brands and grow their companies with a suite of marketing automation, multichannel campaign, CRM, and analytics tools.
The Support Communications Associate will increase employee engagement within Support and create effective top-down, bottom-up, and cross-team communications that scale with the organization.
This role will serve as a communications partner for the Support organization and will work with other members of the Communications team as well as Support leadership to create the right level of transparency within the organization. They will share information with audiences across Support through channels like email, Slack, the Weekly Support Digest and the Support wiki. This role will help develop communications plans and corresponding messaging to promote changes (internal or app-related) as well as initiatives.
The Support Communications Associate should be an empathetic communicator, who has a deep understanding of Mailchimp’s culture and business objectives and is comfortable speaking with people at all levels. They should be able to adapt their tone and presentation to match their audience, and present information in a way that is engaging, concise, and helpful.
- Create and execute communication plans for initiatives and changes relating to app
- Manage content updates for Support channels (including wikis and Support Slack channels)
- Consult with key stakeholders to provide tactical communications support.
- Be a communications point of contact to edit and send internal Support communications and identify opportunities to improve communication within and between departments.
- Coordinate with other members of the Support team to ensure messaging is aligned, and reinforce business goals and initiatives where appropriate.
- Develop and improve upon existing Support communication processes and strategies.
- Maintain awareness of tools and trends that could improve utilization and measurement of communications strategies and tactics.
- Previous experience working within communications (preference shown for Internal Communications background)
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Experience working within teams and autonomously—bonus for working across departments
- Experience designing and implementing projects and communications plans
- Experience working within Mailchimp app a plus
Mailchimp is a founder-owned and highly profitable company headquartered in the heart of Atlanta in the historic Ponce City Market, right on the Beltline. Our purpose is to empower the underdog, and our mission is to democratize cutting edge marketing technology for small business. We offer our employees an exceptional workplace, extremely competitive compensation, fully paid benefits (for employees and their families), and generous profit sharing. We hire humble, collaborative, and ambitious people, and give them endless opportunities to grow and succeed. If you'd like to be considered for this position, please apply below. We look forward to meeting you!
Mailchimp is an equal opportunity employer, and we value diversity at our company. We don't discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.