Senior Security Operations Engineer
Mailchimp is a leading marketing platform for small business. We empower millions of customers around the world to build their brands and grow their companies with a suite of marketing automation, multichannel campaign, CRM, and analytics tools.
Mailchimp’s Operations team keeps the lights on at the company, and our security team keeps Mailchimp’s products and users safe. We encourage awareness of fundamental security best practices throughout the company and provide resources for others to learn more about operational and web application security.
Our Security team is looking for a Senior Security Operations Engineer to join them. This role consists of building and managing tools to detect and respond to systems security issues, staying up to date with the latest security vulnerabilities, and participating in incident response measures. The ideal candidate is a developed security professional with excellent communication skills and experience with tools that help find new threats. You should be a strong leader, have a keen eye for detail, and a knack for solving difficult problems. If this sounds like you and you'd like a chance to join the Mailchimp team, we'd love to hear from you.
What you’ll do:
- Maintain and improve logging and security monitoring infrastructure
- Patch and remediate security vulnerabilities
- Work with the larger Security team to develop initiatives
- Support compliance and audit efforts
- Collaborate with Engineering teams to secure new projects
We’d love to hear from you if:
- You have working Linux experience
- You have correlated logs in a SIEM
- You have experience with security incident response
- You have excellent communication and cross-team collaboration skills
- You have scripting experience in Python or Bash
Pluses, but not requirements:
- Familiarity with Kubernetes and Containerized applications
- Familiarity with Golang
- Familiarity with AWS and GCP
- Familiarity with Puppet, Ansible, Chef, or Saltstack
- Familiarity with risk and threat assessments
Mailchimp is a founder-owned and highly profitable company headquartered in the heart of Atlanta in the historic Ponce City Market, right on the Beltline. Our purpose is to empower the underdog, and our mission is to democratize cutting edge marketing technology for small business. We offer our employees an exceptional workplace, extremely competitive compensation, fully paid benefits (for employees and their families), and generous profit sharing. We hire humble, collaborative, and ambitious people, and give them endless opportunities to grow and succeed. If you'd like to be considered for this position, please apply below. We look forward to meeting you!
Curious how hiring has shifted at Mailchimp due to Covid-19? Click here to find out more!
Mailchimp is an equal opportunity employer, and we value diversity at our company. We don't discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.