Social Media Manager
Mailchimp is a leading marketing platform for small business. We empower millions of customers around the world to build their brands and grow their companies with a suite of marketing automation, multichannel campaign, CRM, and analytics tools.
As the Mailchimp Social Media Manager, you will be responsible for executing Mailchimp’s social media strategy and providing ongoing channel management. Responsibilities include cross-functional collaboration and guidance, strategic development, tactical execution, the development of KPIs and Goals, and the continual measurement and optimization of social media activities. You will be responsible for implementing the content and communications strategy with our internal creative agency, PR, Segment Marketing Managers, and the Education Team. In addition, you will own the strategy and execution of editorial calendars, social campaigns and initiatives, channel guidelines, KPIs and goals, and continuous optimization for all social channels.
What you'll do here:
- Execute Mailchimp’s social media strategy, including content and communications strategies, channel guidelines, KPIs and goals, and day to day activities
- Serve as a Social Media subject matter expert and work with marketing teams to ensure individual team social strategies achieve business goals
- Build social paid campaign micro strategies that support marketing team initiatives
- Develop benchmarks for measuring the impact of social media program success and provide ongoing performance reporting
- Implement insights from reporting to maximize results
- Multi-tasker who is well organized, with impeccable written and oral presentation skills
- Work with internal design and content teams to develop content that is aligned with social strategy
- Work with the social support team, continuously building process improvement and updating strategies as needed
- Understand of the interplay between online/social and traditional channels
- Identify cultural and industry trends that lend themselves to creating opportunities for the brand, and building social campaigns to leverage these opportunities
- Explore, evaluate, and implement new social tools as required
- Work with outside agencies and strategic partners as needed
- Understand the Mailchimp brand and the value to our end-users, translating that into content and channel strategies
- Lead digital listening reports that curate customer insights and provide actionable recommendations for marketing teams
We'd love to hear from you if:
- You have extensive social media marketing experience
- You have built comprehensive, multi-channel social strategies from the ground up
- You have experience managing social media technologies such as Sysomos, Hootsuite, Sprinklr, Sprout, Oktopost, Buffer, etc.
- You have a deep understanding of analytics and extensive experience working in a cross-functional, fast paced environment
- You have a bachelor's degree in Communications, PR, Business, or Marketing or have relevant work experience
- You ideally have experience working in the technology space on a global scale
- You ideally are proficient at speaking, reading, and writing bilingually
Mailchimp is a founder-owned and highly profitable company headquartered in the heart of Atlanta in the historic Ponce City Market, right on the Beltline. Our purpose is to empower the underdog, and our mission is to democratize cutting edge marketing technology for small business. We offer our employees an exceptional workplace, extremely competitive compensation, fully paid benefits (for employees and their families), and generous profit sharing. We hire humble, collaborative, and ambitious people, and give them endless opportunities to grow and succeed. If you'd like to be considered for this position, please apply below. We look forward to meeting you!
Mailchimp is an equal opportunity employer, and we value diversity at our company. We don't discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.