Software Engineer III, Support Enablement
Mailchimp is a leading marketing platform for small business. We empower millions of customers around the world to build their brands and grow their companies with a suite of marketing automation, multichannel campaign, CRM, and analytics tools.
We’re looking for an experienced engineer to help us build and support Mailchimp products on the Support Enablement team. The Support Enablement Team is a cross-functional team responsible for ensuring that customers are able to get the help they need by engineering pathways to support resources. This team also creates and maintains tools used by our Support agents to efficiently assist our customers with accomplishing their marketing goals.
At Mailchimp, we value learning, collaboration and clarity. You’ll find success here if you enjoy writing code, but you're aware that your job isn't only about shipping: you are a welcoming contributor that knows how to communicate with your team in order to provide great software. You prefer using proven technologies to solve interesting new problems. You've broken production environments—and then buckled down, fixed them and maybe you held a blameless post-mortem about it!
We'd love to hear from you if:
- You have experience developing new and enhancing existing features as well as investigating and resolving defects
- You adhere to internal coding standards, development processes and design best practices
- You ensure quality by performing thorough testing and leveraging peer reviews for your work and the work of others
- You help scope, estimate, and prioritize work
- You are passionate about building great web applications and have a thirst for learning new ways to deliver great software products
- You embrace and demonstrate our values: humility, creativity, and independence
What you'll do:
- Write and maintain scalable, efficient code for the Mailchimp application using PHP, React, or Dojo
- Share expertise with Development teammates through code reviews, office hours, Tech Talks, and other avenues
- Provide mentorship for fellow team members
- Research and propose new approaches to work, new tools, and new best practices for the team
- Work with design and engineering team members to build features from concept through implementation
- Work independently with minimal supervision
- Embrace and demonstrate our values: humility, creativity, and independence
Mailchimp is a founder-owned and highly profitable company headquartered in the heart of Atlanta in the historic Ponce City Market, right on the Beltline. Our purpose is to empower the underdog, and our mission is to democratize cutting edge marketing technology for small business. We offer our employees an exceptional workplace, extremely competitive compensation, fully paid benefits (for employees and their families), and generous profit sharing. We hire humble, collaborative, and ambitious people, and give them endless opportunities to grow and succeed. If you'd like to be considered for this position, please apply below. We look forward to meeting you!
Mailchimp is an equal opportunity employer, and we value diversity at our company. We don't discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.