Software Engineer III, Channels (Editor)
Mailchimp is a leading marketing platform for small business. We empower millions of customers around the world to build their brands and grow their companies with a suite of marketing automation, multichannel campaign, CRM, and analytics tools.
Our mission in the Channels domain is to help small businesses grow faster and look more professional by reaching their entire audience (channel), delivering a consistent experience across mediums (engage), and understanding the return of every channel (effectiveness).
We are seeking an engineer to help us build and support features for the Channels domain. Our ideal candidate is a “full-stack” engineer with a deep and applied knowledge of front-end fundamentals (HTML, CSS, JS/ES), a nuanced understanding of browser behavior and interactions, and some experience working in backend development.
At Mailchimp, we value learning, collaboration and clarity. You’ll find success here if you enjoy writing code, but you're aware that your job isn't only about shipping: you are a welcoming contributor who knows how to communicate with your team in order to provide great software. You've broken production environments—and then buckled down and fixed them!
We'd love to hear from you if:
- You have experience in a software development environment, preferably building and maintaining distributed applications professionally.
- You have depth of experience in at least one modern front-end framework and can speak to its benefits (React, Vue, AngularJS, etc.)
- You have some experience in backend development (such as PHP, Python, etc.)—enough that you can smoothly navigate the workings of a web application even if backend development is not your focus.
- You’re comfortable collaborating closely with product managers and designers, providing estimates or product ideas that will influence your team’s roadmap.
- You’re a thoughtful communicator—this team is partially distributed so effective written communication is key.
- You can work independently while also putting an emphasis on mentorship of those around you.
- You embrace and demonstrate our values: humility, creativity, and independence.
What you'll do:
- Develop new and enhance existing features as well as investigate and resolve defects within Mailchimp’s Channels team.
- Adhere to (and help improve) internal coding standards, development processes, and design best practices.
- Ensure quality by performing thorough testing and leveraging peer reviews for your work and the work of cross functional teams
- Help scope, estimate, and prioritize work.
- Share your knowledge with teammates through code review, office hours, Tech Talks, and other avenues.
- Write and maintain clean, maintainable, and well-tested code for the future (and present) of the Mailchimp application.
Mailchimp is a founder-owned and highly profitable company headquartered in the heart of Atlanta in the historic Ponce City Market, right on the Beltline. Our purpose is to empower the underdog, and our mission is to democratize cutting edge marketing technology for small business. We offer our employees an exceptional workplace, extremely competitive compensation, fully paid benefits (for employees and their families), and generous profit sharing. We hire humble, collaborative, and ambitious people, and give them endless opportunities to grow and succeed. If you'd like to be considered for this position, please apply below. We look forward to meeting you!
Mailchimp is an equal opportunity employer, and we value diversity at our company. We don't discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.