Software Engineer III
Mailchimp is a leading marketing platform for small business. We empower millions of customers around the world to build their brands and grow their companies with a suite of marketing automation, multichannel campaign, CRM, and analytics tools.
We are seeking an engineer to help us build and support features for the Mailchimp app. You can expect to develop new and existing features with a cross-functional team of designers, product managers, and quality assurance. You will collaborate with others to optimize our development process and feature development.
You enjoy putting your head down and writing code, but you're aware that your job isn't done when that code gets deployed: you also enjoy working with support, product, ops, and other teams to keep applications healthy and users happy. You prefer using proven technologies to solve interesting new problems. You've broken production environments—and then buckled down, fixed them and maybe you held a blameless post-mortem about it!
We'd love to hear from you if:
- You have experience in a software development environment, with capability in back-end development and/or depth of experience with at least one modern front-end framework (React, Vue, AngularJS, etc.)
- You have experience driving technical projects, prioritizing work, identifying dependencies, facilitating technical decisions and cross-functional team discussions.
- You’re experienced in designing and implementing application architectures and code that are highly scalable, available, maintainable, and performant.
- You can work independently while also putting an emphasis on mentorship of those around you.
- You’re comfortable collaborating closely with product managers and designers, providing estimates or product ideas that will influence your team’s roadmap.
- You’re a thoughtful communicator—some teams are partially or fully distributed so effective written communication is key.
What you'll do:
- Develop new and enhance existing features as well as investigate and resolve defects within Mailchimp’s application.
- Adhere to (and help improve) internal coding standards, development processes, and design best practices.
- Ensure quality by performing thorough testing and leveraging peer reviews for your work and the work of cross functional teams
- Help scope, estimate, and prioritize work.
- Share your knowledge with teammates through code review, office hours, Tech Talks, and other avenues.
- Write and maintain clean, maintainable, and well-tested code for the future (and present) of the Mailchimp application.
- Embrace and demonstrate our values: humility, creativity, and independence.
Mailchimp is a founder-owned and highly profitable company headquartered in the heart of Atlanta in the historic Ponce City Market, right on the Beltline. Our purpose is to empower the underdog, and our mission is to democratize cutting edge marketing technology for small business. We offer our employees an exceptional workplace, extremely competitive compensation, fully paid benefits (for employees and their families), and generous profit sharing. We hire humble, collaborative, and ambitious people, and give them endless opportunities to grow and succeed. If you'd like to be considered for this position, please apply below. We look forward to meeting you!
Mailchimp is an equal opportunity employer, and we value diversity at our company. We don't discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.
Curious how hiring has shifted at Mailchimp due to Covid-19? Click here to find out more!