Software Engineering Manager, Mandrill
Mailchimp is a leading marketing platform for small business. We empower millions of customers around the world to build their brands and grow their companies with a suite of marketing automation, multichannel campaign, CRM, and analytics tools.
Mandrill, a transactional email platform built by Mailchimp, is a powerful delivery service that can be used for personalized, one-to-one e-commerce emails, and automated transactional emails like password resets, order confirmations, and welcome messages.
We’re looking for an Engineering Manager to join our ranks. You can expect to lead a team focused on scaling and improving the Mandrill platform across the stack, developing new and existing features, as well as building out a rich and robust front-end customer experience for Mandrill. You'll mentor and grow individual contributors, collaborate with others to optimize our development process, and lead a multi-discipline product development team.
We’re excited to be adding to our teams in our Mailchimp Oakland office. This is an opportunity to contribute to forming a strong culture in a growing satellite office. You should be comfortable with distributed teams (as you’ll work with many folks in other locations), and also excited about building a strong, inclusive environment for current workers and everyone who joins after you.
We'd love to hear from you if:
- You are passionate about career growth and self-development of our engineers.
- You have prior experience leading engineering teams.
- You have experience driving technical projects, prioritizing work, identifying dependencies, facilitating technical decision and team discussions.
- You have a consistent record of running successful high-functioning, sustainable teams.
- You can work independently while also putting an emphasis on coaching and mentorship of those around you.
- You are passionate about building and delivering great features for customers.
- Embrace and demonstrate our values: humility, creativity, and independence.
What you'll do:
- You will manage a team of 5-7 engineers working on multi-functional product teams.
- You will lead initiatives in collaboration with leadership in Engineering, Product, Marketing, QA, and Operations.
- You will design and implement effective and efficient processes to support a collaborative environment for the team.
- You will help scope, estimate, and prioritize work.
- You will grow the engineering team by engaging in hiring and onboarding new engineers.
Mailchimp is a founder-owned and highly profitable company. Our purpose is to empower the underdog, and our mission is to democratize cutting edge marketing technology for small business. We love Oakland and are happy to have a small but growing office right downtown, especially convenient to the BART.
We offer our employees an exceptional workplace, extremely competitive compensation, fully paid benefits (for employees and their families), and generous profit sharing. We hire humble, collaborative, and ambitious people, and give them endless opportunities to grow and succeed. If you'd like to be considered for this position, please apply below. We look forward to meeting you!
Mailchimp is an equal opportunity employer, and we value diversity at our company. We don't discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.