Senior Manager, Software Operations & Business Insights
Mailchimp is a leading marketing platform for small business. We empower millions of customers around the world to build their brands and grow their companies with a suite of marketing automation, multichannel campaign, CRM, and analytics tools.
In this role, you will be leading our software operations and business insights team, leveraging a product mindset to drive the vision for our analytics projects and internal tooling such as support ticketing platform and chatbot software. You will do this by democratizing the insights collected across our entire Support team and use them to make data-informed decisions for the benefit of our customers and internal teams. You will also be responsible for the execution of various analysis projects and working closely with senior leadership in Support & Engineering teams to ensure the Support team’s vision is met with the highest value and quality possible.
The ideal candidate must possess a unique blend of business and technical expertise to create a product vision based on insights learned through our analytics and software tooling, to ensure we support our customers the most effective and fun way possible. This position requires an ability to see the big picture as well as the ability to manage the details when needed.
Why is this a compelling opportunity?
- You have the autonomy to create new processes, apply development best practices, and develop a high performing team with strong influence in the organization.
- There is a wealth of customer feedback we can leverage to influence decision making inside the Support organization, Mailchimp’s product strategy and overall customer experience
- Our team has quickly grown not only in size but also scope and influence within the organization. We are looking for an experienced and empathetic leader to help serve as a mentor and trailblazer to take the current processes and insights to the next level.
What you'll do:
- Develop and lead a team of business analysts with the skills, capabilities, and passion necessary to successfully drive and sustain a data focused culture
- Lead the vision of our Support product owner and software administrators who manage the development efforts to improve the experience for our internal teams and customers
- Craft the development process and cadence to prioritize and communicate our backlog
- Provide the insights, metrics and analysis to influence and drive decision making inside and outside Support
- Help scale this decision making through automation
- Manage internal tooling and software to help scale Support across our department
We'd love to hear from you if:
- You have extensive experience in an operational & analytical role.
- You have experience deriving specific insights via an analytics platform and visualization tech such as BigQuery and Looker.
- You have strong track record leveraging Zendesk to optimize not only the customer experience but our internal teams’ experience working inside this platform.
- You have a proven ability to deploy AI solutions like chatbots to help customers get the best answers to their questions with as little effort as possible.
- You have proven experience managing relationships with software partners and communicating the needs of our business to help us provide world-class experiences to our customers and internal teams.
- You have proven ability to collaborate with multiple functional teams to devise and communicate an aligned and transparent strategic plan.
- You have extensive SaaS experience in a subscription software platform, with a consistent track record of executing a vision from ideation to completion.
- You have a consistent track record leading development efforts through all phases of a software development life cycle.
- You have the ability to adopt a philosophy of mindful curiosity and enthusiasm about how business questions are asked as well as answered.
- You have a substantial understanding of relational database design and architecture.
Mailchimp is a founder-owned and highly profitable company headquartered in the heart of Atlanta in the historic Ponce City Market, right on the Beltline. Our purpose is to empower the underdog, and our mission is to democratize cutting edge marketing technology for small business. We offer our employees an exceptional workplace, extremely competitive compensation, fully paid benefits (for employees and their families), and generous profit sharing. We hire humble, collaborative, and ambitious people, and give them endless opportunities to grow and succeed. If you'd like to be considered for this position, please apply below. We look forward to meeting you!
Mailchimp is an equal opportunity employer, and we value diversity at our company. We don't discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.