Senior Software Engineer, Channels
Mailchimp is a leading marketing platform for small business. We empower millions of customers around the world to build their brands and grow their companies with a suite of marketing automation, multichannel campaign, CRM, and analytics tools.
Our mission in the Channels domain is to help small businesses grow faster and look more professional by reaching their entire audience (channel), delivering a consistent experience across mediums (engage), and understanding the return of every channel (effectiveness).
We are seeking an engineer to help us build and support features for the Channels domain. You can expect to develop new and existing features with a cross-functional team of designers, product managers, and quality assurance. You will collaborate with others to optimize our development process and feature development.
You enjoy putting your head down and writing code, but you're aware that your job isn't done when that code gets deployed: you also enjoy working with support, product, ops, and other teams to keep applications healthy and users happy. You prefer using proven technologies to solve interesting new problems. You've broken production environments—and then buckled down, fixed them and maybe you held a blameless post-mortem about it!
In the Channels domain we support the idea for shared leadership, providing opportunities to lead features and become the technical lead of one of our squads. We believe in autonomy, independence and decision making to be key traits for our engineers and teams.
We'd love to hear from you if:
- You have experience in a software development environment, preferably an interest or capability in back-end development using PHP.
- You have experience driving technical projects, prioritizing work, identifying dependencies, facilitating technical decision and cross-functional team discussions.
- You’re experienced in designing and implementing application architectures and code that are highly scalable, available, maintainable, and performant.
- You can work independently while also putting an emphasis on mentorship of those around you.
- Plus: You are familiar with front-end methodology and can communicate clearly and effectively with product designers.
What you'll do:
- Set technical direction and own the architecture and implementation of features for the Channels domain.
- Provide guidance and assist in helping knock down walls and clear path towards work completion.
- Lead a group of engineers and cross-functional team members in the implementation of new and existing features.
- Provide clear and concise communication regarding feature development statuses to the team and stakeholders.
- Plan, supervise and manage releases for the work the squad is performing.
- Empower team members - including other developers as well as Technical Support and QA - through technical mentoring, contributions to the team’s documentation, libraries, and providing automation for manual tasks where appropriate.
- Define and adhere to internal coding standards, development processes, and design best practices.
- Ensure quality by performing thorough testing and leveraging peer reviews for your work and the work of cross functional teams.
- Help scope, estimate, and prioritize work.
- Embrace and demonstrate our values: humility, creativity, and independence.
Mailchimp is a founder-owned and highly profitable company headquartered in the heart of Atlanta in the historic Ponce City Market, right on the Beltline. Our purpose is to empower the underdog, and our mission is to democratize cutting edge marketing technology for small business. We offer our employees an exceptional workplace, extremely competitive compensation, fully paid benefits (for employees and their families), and generous profit sharing. We hire humble, collaborative, and ambitious people, and give them endless opportunities to grow and succeed. If you'd like to be considered for this position, please apply below. We look forward to meeting you!
Mailchimp is an equal opportunity employer, and we value diversity at our company. We don't discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.