Senior Content Strategist
Mailchimp is a leading marketing platform for small business. We empower millions of customers around the world to build their brands and grow their companies with a suite of marketing automation, multichannel campaign, CRM, and analytics tools.
We’re looking for a Senior Content Strategist to join our growing team. The ideal candidate is a strong communicator with experience executing content strategies across digital media. You will work closely with our writers and designers to create product marketing and educational content for small business marketers.
What you'll do here:
- You will collaborate with marketing, research, design, and product teams to understand requirements, identify users’ content needs, and align on business goals.
- You will advocate for content discovery and planning, ensuring the right content activities are prioritized and executed on cross-functional teams.
- You will align other content practitioners to create cohesive content experiences, including messaging strategy and voice and tone, across the customer journey.
- You will develop and communicate content strategy recommendations to project teams, including audit findings, sourcing plans, content types, template requirements, sitemaps and taxonomies, traffic analyses, etc.
- You will make recommendations that shape Mailchimp’s master content calendar, advocating for a user-centered, data-informed approach to content planning.
- You will test and refine content based on analytics, user feedback, and other performance data; present findings to leadership.
- You will facilitate content critiques, lead workshops on topics like content design best practices and brand voice, and advise partners on content execution.
- You will create tools, guides, and templates to empower colleagues to create their own great content and scale the discipline.
We'd love to hear from you if:
- You have 5+ years experience as a content strategist, content marketer, writer or related position
- You have an ability to translate complex concepts into content that is clear, concise, and human.
- You have an understanding of user experience and content optimization principles across channels (web, email, and social media) and devices
- You have familiarity with basic SEO principles
- You have experience working with content management systems
- You have strong communication, collaboration, and problem-solving abilities
- You have knowledge of Google Analytics or other analytics platform
- You have experience in a product-focused environment
Mailchimp is a founder-owned and highly profitable company. Our purpose is to empower the underdog, and our mission is to democratize cutting edge marketing technology for small business. We love Brooklyn and are happy to have a small but growing office with sunlight and views in the heart of Brooklyn Heights. We're centrally located at Cadman Plaza/Borough Hall, a short walk to the Brooklyn Promenade and within a few blocks of 9 subway lines (2, 3, 4, 5, N, A, C, F and R lines).
Our headquarters are in the heart of Atlanta in the historic Ponce City Market, right on the Beltline. We offer our employees an exceptional workplace, extremely competitive compensation, fully paid benefits (for employees and their families), and generous profit sharing. We hire humble, collaborative, and ambitious people, and give them endless opportunities to grow and succeed. If you'd like to be considered for this position, please apply below. We look forward to meeting you!
Mailchimp is an equal opportunity employer, and we value diversity at our company. We don't discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.