Mailchimp is a leading marketing platform for small business. We empower millions of customers around the world to build their brands and grow their companies with a suite of marketing automation, multichannel campaign, CRM, and analytics tools.
Mailchimp's test automation team is continuing to grow and looking for a Test Engineer. You'll work with our QA and Engineering teams as you develop and execute test automation scripts for Mailchimp's integrations. With your help, our tools, tests and infrastructure will ensure that our users have the best experience possible while using our products.
You are creative, enthusiastic, inquisitive, and able to manage multiple projects and priorities at once. We're looking for someone who is passionate about all things test automation with the experience and skill set to jump right in and make an impact.
What you'll do:
- Analyze testing results requirements and assist with developing the test architecture
- Write regression automation scripts & develop new automation test cases
- Write API automation scripts and run write new test cases
- Write UI & Integration automation - write new test cases and maintain existing automation
- Identify, record, document thoroughly and track bugs
- Perform thorough functional testing for new features
- Liaise with internal teams (e.g. developers and product managers) to identify new feature requirements
- Assist with improving parts of the test automation infrastructure
- Assist with design and implement innovative automation framework in the test organization with QA
- Design and run automated functional tests for the frontend of our web and mobile platforms and integrations
- Collaborate with QA Analysts and Engineering teams to contribute to test architecture and implement testing as a part of continuous integration
- Diagnose and report issues and defects based on test failures
- Work independently and communicate with the various teams involved with release process and testing with an emphasis on our integration teams
- Manage pull requests and participate in code reviews
- Coach and mentor junior TE & QA team members
- Assist with test metrics and reporting standards, analytics, dashboards, and reporting mechanisms
We'd love to hear from you if:
- Understanding of automated testing tools, ability to evaluate and communicate priorities, and experience writing, planning, and executing automated testing suites
- Demonstrated proficiency in testing mobile (iOS and Android) applications and good understanding of automation testing strategies and tools
- Experience working with version control systems (BitBucket, Git, Mercurial)
- Experience working with frontend automation frameworks (i.e. ReactJS)
- Experience with backend automation frameworks (i.e PHPUnit)
- Demonstrated proficiency with the Page Object model design pattern
- Demonstrated proficiency with testing Application Programming Interfaces
- Demonstrated proficient knowledge of Continuous Integration and Deployment systems
Mailchimp is a founder-owned and highly profitable company headquartered in the heart of Atlanta in the historic Ponce City Market, right on the Beltline. Our purpose is to empower the underdog, and our mission is to democratize cutting edge marketing technology for small business. We offer our employees an exceptional workplace, extremely competitive compensation, fully paid benefits (for employees and their families), and generous profit sharing. We hire humble, collaborative, and ambitious people, and give them endless opportunities to grow and succeed. If you'd like to be considered for this position, please apply below. We look forward to meeting you!
Mailchimp is an equal opportunity employer, and we value diversity at our company. We don't discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.