Marketing Project Operations Intern, Summer 2020
Mailchimp is a leading marketing platform for small business. We empower millions of customers around the world to build their brands and grow their companies with a suite of marketing automation, multichannel campaign, CRM, and analytics tools.
The Mailchimp internship program started in 2013. In the past 7 years, we’ve had the privilege of bringing in some of the brightest, most talented college students from around the country to spend time with our teams. Our 12 week intern program was designed so that interns can grow their skill set, thrive in the Mailchimp community, and do meaningful work. They also have a lot of fun along the way! All currently enrolled students are eligible to apply for the internship program.
Start Date: May 18th or June 8th
Marketing helps drive the Mailchimp brand and shapes the perception of our products. The Marketing Operations team provides strategic planning, guidance, and the infrastructure to drive marketing performance. As a member of this highly visible team, the Marketing Project Operations Intern will oversee a variety of administrative and project support tasks to help drive cross-functional team projects and initiatives. This is a great opportunity to work with a world-class creative team and increase team productivity by helping to champion processes and programs with impacts to all areas of the business.
About The Role:
Our ideal candidate is an excellent communicator who enjoys making connections with people, not only within multiple disciplines in the marketing team, but also across various departments across Mailchimp. A strong work ethic, master of organization, curiosity, and willingness to learn are key.
What you’ll do:
- Provide logistics support for the Marketing Operating Model meetings and planning activities
- Facilitate intake of all Fast Lane requests, act as primary liaison to cross-functional team members to ensure work is moving forward, and prepare weekly status updates
- Partner with other members of the team to facilitate habits and norms required to maintain productive cross-functional teams, including weekly standups and sprint retrospectives
- Promote communication and collaboration to drive alignment among cross-functional team members
- Act as a team champion, pitching in on special projects as needed to support all areas of Marketing and the Integrated Marketing Team
We’d love to hear from you if: or you have:
- Working towards a degree or have relevant work experience in Marketing, Design, Operations, or related field
- Experience as a contributor on a cross-functional team
- Exposure to or understanding of techniques and tools to prioritize and coordinate projects and tasks
- Flexibility, ability to change priorities quickly and help others through those changes
- Strong written and interpersonal communication skills with ability to communicate to team members at various levels within the organization
- Very strong organization, problem solving, and follow-through skills
Mailchimp is a founder-owned and highly profitable company headquartered in the heart of Atlanta. Our purpose is to empower the underdog, and our mission is to democratize cutting edge marketing technology for small business. We offer our employees an exceptional workplace, extremely competitive compensation, fully paid benefits (for employees and their families), and generous profit sharing. We hire humble, collaborative, and ambitious people, and give them endless opportunities to grow and succeed.
We love our hometown and support sustainable urban renewal. Our headquarters is in the historic Ponce City Market, right on the Atlanta Beltline. If you'd like to be considered for this position, please apply below. We look forward to meeting you!
Mailchimp is an equal opportunity employer, and we value diversity at our company. We don't discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.