Mailchimp’s all-in-one marketing platform helps small businesses market smarter so they can grow faster. We empower millions of customers around the world to start and grow their businesses with world-class marketing technology, award-winning customer support, and inspiring content. Mailchimp’s marketing platform puts your audience at the heart of your marketing so you can promote your business across email, social media, landing pages, ads, websites, postcards, and more—all from one place. Founded in 2001 and based in Atlanta, Mailchimp has 1,000+ employees and is privately held.
We are looking for a seasoned, data-informed media leader with deep experience in media strategy and execution. The Vice President of Media will build and manage the team responsible for planning, executing, and optimizing the company’s media investments around the globe. This role will:
- Oversee the global media investment management process, including agency management, ad tech strategy, optimization of investment, performance reporting, and budget management
- Work collaboratively with the other members of the Marketing team, Product Management, and Finance to achieve company objectives
- Require deep subject matter expertise across the entire martech and ad tech landscape, team leadership experience and strong marketing skills.
This role reports to the Chief Marketing Officer.
What you’ll do here:
- You will lead Mailchimp’s strategy, execution, and measurement of our paid media investment for marketing campaigns worldwide
- Provide strategic vision and structural workflow for the Paid Media team
- Synthesize data, analyze results, identify trends, report and execute on key findings to achieve paid search objectives set with senior leadership
- Partner with the Insight & Analytics and Finance teams to measure and report results to Mailchimp leadership
- Guide decisions as it pertains to investment in the martech stack, campaign performance software and reporting dashboards
- Act as consultant to relevant product domains that serve our customers that purchase media through our platform
- Be accountable for agency relationships including campaign maintenance, advanced optimization, and questions regarding tracking and status of various campaigns
- Measure and evaluate ability of campaigns to deliver on performance objectives and inform ongoing investment decisions
- Provide input to data governance, tagging, analytics, and data science investment and management decisions across the company
- Evaluate and implement relationships with key partners within the digital media ecosystem such as data providers, inventory providers, demand-side platforms and analytics vendors
We’d love to hear from you if:
- You have experience at a global media agency managing global clients or managing Paid Media at a large technology or consumer company
- You’re experienced in running a global Paid Media program with a budget of $75M+ in multiple regions, languages, and publishers.
- You have experience at an agency or ad network or at a demand side platform creating and executing exchange based programmatic strategies. Must have real experience managing teams responsible for executing campaigns through DSPs, purchasing and using data, and advising marketing teams on audience buying strategies.
- You have multi-year experience managing global, multi-channel campaigns, DSPs, DMPs, strategies, 3rd Party data, pixel technologies, ad servers and all forms of online media
- You’re a subject matter expert level understanding of performance advertising, search and metrics
- You are comfortable regularly presenting and reporting up metrics to C-level senior leadership team
- You have expertise of the major technology-driven changes and trends affecting the media and advertising industries, and deep knowledge of the digital media buying ecosystem
- You have exceptional analytical and strategic thinking and ability to develop and present buying and optimization recommendations
Mailchimp is a founder-owned and highly profitable company headquartered in the heart of Atlanta in the historic Ponce City Market, right on the Beltline. Our purpose is to empower the underdog, and our mission is to democratize cutting edge marketing technology for small business. We offer our employees an exceptional workplace, extremely competitive compensation, fully paid benefits (for employees and their families), and generous profit sharing. We hire humble, collaborative, and ambitious people, and give them endless opportunities to grow and succeed. If you'd like to be considered for this position, please apply below. We look forward to meeting you!
Mailchimp is an equal opportunity employer, and we value diversity at our company. We don't discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.