Senior UX Researcher
Mailchimp is a leading marketing platform for small business. We empower millions of customers around the world to build their brands and grow their companies with a suite of marketing automation, multichannel campaign, CRM, and analytics tools.
We are seeking to add a Sr. UX Researcher to our team who is proficient across a wide range of User Experience Research methods and applies them to complex, and high-impact projects that may touch multiple product areas. You operate with a very high degree of autonomy and are comfortable working solo or leading research studies with other researchers. You are a highly-skilled communicator and storyteller, who is able to synthesize findings from a broad range of sources and turn them into insightful, compelling and persuasive stories. If this sounds like you, we'd love to hear from you!
What you'll do:
- Work collaboratively with Product Analytics and other Insights groups across the organization to provide research that supports the objectives of the product and needs of the Mailchimp small business customer; aligns their research activities to inform decision-making and action
- Represent the voice of the Mailchimp customer among cross-functional partners and stakeholders by highlighting the small business user, their needs, and behaviors
- Advocate for and lead foundational and evaluative research that informs product and experience strategy
- Partner with Product Analysts to develop and evangelize a data-informed view of our customers and their experiences
- Adeptly pull from a wide range of UX Research methods, routinely applying multiple methods to complex problems (including, but not limited to in-depth interviews, contextual interviews, surveys, moderated and unmoderated usability studies, heuristic evaluations, concept testing, diary studies, and competitive analysis)
- Quickly synthesizes findings across both qualitative and quantitative sources, turning them into compelling recommendations and insights that clearly tie to larger strategic product and business goals
- Socializes insights from their work broadly, exploring new and creative ways to effectively communicate learnings
- Create, maintain, and update user experience tools that leverage insights (personas, experience maps, etc.) to be used in product and design discussions
- Plan and facilitate workshops and UX training sessions with cross-functional partners (e.g. design, product management, and engineering)
- Provide input and support to Associates and UX Researchers, as appropriate
- Extensive experience leading research activities, employing a variety of UX research methodologies
- Expertise in survey design, discussion guide writing, interview moderating, and data analysis (qualitative and light quantitative)
- Excellent presentation and storytelling skills and the ability to tailor the message to various audiences (product teams, product managers, fellow researchers, leadership, etc.)
- Strong written and interpersonal communication skills
- Strong cross-team collaboration skills
- Strong analytical problem-solving skills
- Ability to translate research findings into actions and recommendations, while considering company and product goals
- Experience in an Agile software environment
- Experience with mobile products is a plus
- Experience with digital marketing products
- Ability to balance multiple concurrent research projects
- Ability to think at a systems level and connect the dots between individual work streams
- Experience with mentoring others in User Experience Research practice
Mailchimp is a founder-owned and highly profitable company headquartered in the heart of Atlanta. Our purpose is to empower the underdog, and our mission is to democratize cutting edge marketing technology for small business. We offer our employees an exceptional workplace, extremely competitive compensation, fully paid benefits (for employees and their families), and generous profit sharing. We hire humble, collaborative, and ambitious people, and give them endless opportunities to grow and succeed.
We love our hometown and support sustainable urban renewal. Our headquarters is in the historic Ponce City Market, right on the Atlanta Beltline. If you'd like to be considered for this position, please apply below. We look forward to meeting you!
Mailchimp is an equal opportunity employer, and we value diversity at our company. We don't discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.