Data Science Manager
Mailchimp is a leading marketing platform for small business. We empower millions of customers around the world to build their brands and grow their companies with a suite of marketing automation, multichannel campaign, CRM, and analytics tools.
Our mission in Data Science is to help small businesses develop and launch the most effective marketing campaigns, and to analyze and understand the results of those campaigns. By leveraging the data acquired over years of operation, Mailchimp is uniquely positioned to help small businesses truly understand what works and what doesn’t when it comes to marketing.Our ideal candidate will combine a strong technical depth with an unwavering desire help the members of their team grow their abilities. As a Data Science Manager, you will be responsible for helping an extremely technical group of people develop their work into solutions that drive business value.
What you'll do:
- Manage and scale a high performing diverse team of Data Scientists
- Cultivate healthy channels for communication, review, and feedback. Clearly and effectively communicate across departments, teams, and management tiers.
- Maintain a sense of camaraderie, cooperation, and collaboration among team members. Support and encourage those who face challenging situations.
- Build a common mindset by aligning groups of people along shared goals. Recognize team members' desire to do good work, cultivate their intrinsic motivations and strengths, and connect them with the resources they need to be successful. Establish flexible systems for ensuring accountability.
- Provide coaching, mentoring, and encouragement to team members. Effectively acknowledge and reward both individual and team efforts. Support employees in their skill development in ways that meet both strategic organizational goals and their individual objectives.
- Facilitate open and honest dialog within the team, drawing on the broad experiences and diverse perspectives of team members. Coordinate healthy discussions, and work to establish consent when consensus is unattainable.
- Cultivate and solicit honest feedback about your own performance. Put in time and energy to learn to be more effective when coaching, delivering feedback, and developing others, and to understand unfamiliar technologies, tools, and systems.
- Utilize failure as an opportunity to learn and grow. Apply criticism and mistakes as an opportunity to learn without assigning blame or entrenching regret.
- You are passionate about career growth and self-development of data scientists.
- You love helping data scientists succeed in their career path.
- You have prior experience as a data scientist and leading data science teams.
- You have a consistent record of running successful high-capacity, large-scale projects/architectures.
- You have a deep understanding of technologies and best practices to build products.
- You have implemented effective and efficient processes to support a collaborative environment
Mailchimp is a founder-owned and highly profitable company headquartered in the heart of Atlanta in the historic Ponce City Market, right on the Beltline. Our purpose is to empower the underdog, and our mission is to democratize cutting edge marketing technology for small business. We offer our employees an exceptional workplace, extremely competitive compensation, fully paid benefits (for employees and their families), andgenerous profit sharing. We hire humble, collaborative, and ambitious people, and give them endless opportunities to grow and succeed. If you'd like to be considered for this position, please apply below. We look forward to meeting you!
Mailchimp is an equal opportunity employer, and we value diversity at our company. We don't discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.