Product Analytics Operations Intern, Summer 2020
Mailchimp is a leading marketing platform for small business. We empower millions of customers around the world to build their brands and grow their companies with a suite of marketing automation, multichannel campaign, CRM, and analytics tools.
The Mailchimp internship program started in 2013. In the past 7 years, we’ve had the privilege of bringing in some of the brightest, most talented college students from around the country to spend time with our teams. Our 12 week intern program was designed so that interns can grow their skill set, thrive in the Mailchimp community, and do meaningful work. They also have a lot of fun along the way! All currently enrolled students are eligible to apply for the internship program.
Start Date: May 18th or June 8th
Analytics Operations Team
You’ll be joining the Analytics Operations team who is focused on supporting the structure and strategic initiatives of the Product Analytics team. We amplify the impact and findings of our team through continuous evaluation and iteration of process, communication, and information flow efficiencies, which ultimately enable momentum towards data-informed, timely strategic decisions.
The intern we're looking for:
We’re looking for an intern to support the day-to-day of Analytics Operations on the Product Analytics team in an effort to help Mailchimp become a more data-driven organization. You’ll be responsible for helping build, scale, support, and manage processes for the team, create and maintain a repository of tools and trainings, and manage cross-company communications via multiple channels.
What you’ll do:
- Support the day-to-day operations of Product Analytics
- Support the Analytics Ops lead in creating cross-functional communication channels for Product Analytics, including current solutions like Confluence and a newsletter, and help identify future solutions
- Coordinate planning & execution of meetings, events, workshops, etc.
- Help maintain the overall organization of our Product Analytics artifacts (decks, spreadsheets, deliverables, etc.) and find new, creative ways to share and document findings for company-wide accessibility and easy searchability
- Collect and organize weekly status updates to enable communication for Product Analytics Leadership to ensure insights are consistent, clear, and tailored to the right audiences across the organization
- Coordinate all training sessions for new software, tools, and procedures. Help maintain tools and contracts
- Identify and communicate any process issues
- Coordinate with analytics vendors
- Work on ad hoc/special projects to support the Product Analytics/Ops team, as needed
We’d love to hear from you:
- Have experience in any of the following capacities:
- Operations/Logistics/Supply Chain/Traffic Management
- Project Management/Program Management
- Are detail-oriented, exceptionally organized, and have excellent communication skills
- Are a proactive self-starter, have a great attitude, and be able to multitask well in a fast-paced environment
- Are familiar with Google Suite products and JIRA/Confluence
- Bonus points: You have previously worked within a DesignOps, ResearchOps, or ProductOps environment, or have Analytics and/or CRM experience
Mailchimp is a founder-owned and highly profitable company headquartered in the heart of Atlanta. Our purpose is to empower the underdog, and our mission is to democratize cutting edge marketing technology for small business. We offer our employees an exceptional workplace, extremely competitive compensation, fully paid benefits (for employees and their families), and generous profit sharing. We hire humble, collaborative, and ambitious people, and give them endless opportunities to grow and succeed.
We love our hometown and support sustainable urban renewal. Our headquarters is in the historic Ponce City Market, right on the Atlanta Beltline. If you'd like to be considered for this position, please apply below. We look forward to meeting you!
Mailchimp is an equal opportunity employer, and we value diversity at our company. We don't discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.