Product Manager, Commerce
Mailchimp is a leading marketing platform for small business. We empower millions of customers around the world to build their brands and grow their companies with a suite of marketing automation, multichannel campaign, CRM, and analytics tools.
As Product Manager on Mailchimp’s Commerce Product Domain, you will be responsible for setting direction for the team and executing on it in partnership with other disciplines and other product managers. This includes identifying customer problems, creating short and long term roadmaps and consistently assessing business impact. You will provide thought leadership and direction that drives towards our company goals and strategy and does so in collaboration with engineering, design, research, analytics and marketing.
What you'll do here:
- Own Commerce product from concept to launch, ensuring roadmap is aligned to company vision
- Partner with Research to validate or assess customer expectations and perceptions
- Collaborate with Data Research to define and analyze metrics that inform the success of products; regularly review metrics to ensure they are tracking to goal
- Communicate clearly defined and achievable product goals to Design and Engineering, negotiating trade-offs and adjusting scope as needed to hit major milestones
- Lead product team through Pragmatic Planning to identify scope for sprints; identify opportunities to validate product direction through MVPs
- Work collaboratively with Product Marketing and Support to define release marketing reach, effort and support impact
- Build, edit and manage product backlog understanding the contributive value of each feature, the level of effort, risk and opportunity costs
We'd love to hear from you if:
- You are highly skilled at socializing business opportunity at all levels of the organization through both written presentation and compelling storytelling
- You have the ability to communicate complex and detailed information in an organized and consumable format
- You are capable of and comfortable with working closely with Senior and C-level executives to develop product strategy
- You have a strong familiarity with web technologies (coding experience not required) and familiarity with email and marketing platforms, preferred
- You are familiar and experienced with E-commerce for small business, and related small business tools that online merchants use
- You have the ability to build relationships, be persuasive and influential within and across immediate working groups
- You have an understanding of how to read data to analyze the performance of digital features
- You have experience delivering consumer based online or software as a service (SaaS) experiences in a SCRUM / Agile environment
Mailchimp is a founder-owned and highly profitable company. Our purpose is to empower the underdog, and our mission is to democratize cutting edge marketing technology for small business. We love Vancouver and are happy to have a small but growing office outside of the downtown core in Mount Pleasant (a 10 minute walk from the Main Street–Science World Skytrain station).
We love our hometown and support sustainable urban renewal. Our headquarters is in the historic Ponce City Market, right on the Atlanta Beltline. If you'd like to be considered for this position, please apply below. We look forward to meeting you!
Mailchimp is an equal opportunity employer, and we value diversity at our company. We don't discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.