Senior Product Analyst
Mailchimp is a leading marketing platform for small business. We empower millions of customers around the world to build their brands and grow their companies with a suite of marketing automation, multichannel campaign, CRM, and analytics tools.
The Senior Product Analyst is a strategic member of the individual product domains which are mapped to customer problems. As a Sr. Product Analyst, you will be responsible for helping product teams build data-driven roadmaps by sizing and prioritize initiatives, providing a consistent flow of data-driven insights to help achieve targeted KPIs and creating dashboards and reporting to monitor and measure success. You’re a skilled collaborator who is able to work across departments and disciplines. You’re able to tell stories with data that help contextualize opportunities. The ideal candidate will have experience in similar product analytics, marketing optimization or digital analytics roles with strong technical and analytical abilities.
As a part of the Product team, the work you do will help shape our product strategy and drive us towards our company objectives - if you’re excited to dig right in and have meaningful impact, we’d love to hear from you!
- Lead and manage analytics activities for a product domain, including partnering with and mentoring Product Analysts
- Identify KPIs for Product teams that map to customer problems and how to measure success; Partner with Product Managers and Product Marketing Managers for buy in and socialize across the team
- Partner with Product Managers to size opportunities and build a prioritized roadmap
- Identify opportunities for product changes/experiments based on analysis and proactively share these opportunities to the product team
- Understand both quantitative and qualitative research and trends related to your product domain and be able to actively leverage those insights to help teams make data-informed decisions
- Combine results of experiments and product launches to show how product teams have impacted KPIs and revenue
- Create dashboard and automated reports to track KPIs
- Define data tracking requirements and ensure proper execution
- Contribute to data quality - identify discrepancies, create data tables needed for analysis and automation
- Support experimentation initiatives by calculating sample size, monitoring and reporting on results
- Partner with other analysts on other product domains and across other disciplines in the company to share insights across teams and bring findings back to your domain
- Extensive experience in an analytics focused role, product analytics experience is a plus
- Bachelor’s or Graduate degree (business or mathematics a plus or equivalent work experience)
- Desire to work in a fast-paced environment
- Expertise in SQL, Web Analytics, Excel - R/Python is a plus
- Proficiency in wrangling and transforming data
- Strong communication, collaboration, and problem-solving abilities
- Demonstrated, hands-on experience with data visualization tools
- Expertise with web analytics tools, specifically Google Analytics (certification preferred)
- Experience working with Google BigQuery a plus
- Experience with statistical methods such as regression and hypothesis testing
- Proven experience analyzing data from a variety of different sources (quantitative and qualitative), presenting the data in a clear and concise manner, and create actionable insights
- Ability to build relationships, be persuasive and influential within and across immediate working groups
- Expertise in A/B testing analytics and best practices (a plus)
Mailchimp is a founder-owned and highly profitable company headquartered in the heart of Atlanta in the historic Ponce City Market, right on the Beltline. Our purpose is to empower the underdog, and our mission is to democratize cutting edge marketing technology for small business. We offer our employees an exceptional workplace, extremely competitive compensation, fully paid benefits (for employees and their families), and generous profit sharing. We hire humble, collaborative, and ambitious people, and give them endless opportunities to grow and succeed. If you'd like to be considered for this position, please apply below. We look forward to meeting you!
Mailchimp is an equal opportunity employer, and we value diversity at our company. We don't discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.