Mailchimp is a leading marketing platform for small business. We empower millions of customers around the world to build their brands and grow their companies with a suite of marketing automation, multichannel campaign, CRM, and analytics tools.
Our mission in the Partners Domain is to help our partners solve their clients’ problems. Our domain is focused on two major initiatives, the Service Partner Program and the Tech Partner Program.
We’re looking for an engineering manager to build, lead, and grow a team of 4-6 engineers on the Tech Partner Program. This program of work is about creating products that enable third parties to build great integrations on – and perhaps within – Mailchimp. We want to provide a self-service suite of features that make developing on Mailchimp very attractive, to stimulate integrations that make Mailchimp much more useful to our customers. The project is in its very earliest stages and a large part of the role will be staffing up the team and getting them ready to deliver.
You can expect to work closely with a cross-functional team of product managers, designers, analysts, QA, and other engineers to build intuitive and delightful software. You’ll be successful in our domain if you know that productive software development isn't only about shipping code.About you (please consider applying if you meet most but not all of the points below)
- You are comfortable building a team almost from scratch, and hiring a diverse group of talented people to deliver on the domain’s priorities.
- You have several years of combined experience as an engineer and a leader of engineering teams, and demonstrate a passion for growing engineers and helping them succeed in their career goals.
- You have a proven track record of helping teams deliver large projects in small increments using an agile approach.
- You are adept at building and maintaining the trust that is necessary for a group of people to take on hard challenges together.
- You are adept at fostering an environment of thoughtful decision-making, facilitating open and honest dialogue within a cross-functional team.
- You recognize that when things aren’t going right, it’s necessary to talk through difficult topics, and deliver clear, candid, and actionable feedback that helps people get back on track.
- You are able to prioritize work, identify dependencies, and facilitate technical decision making to drive the success of the project.
You should be comfortable working in a distributed team as you’ll be working with folks in multiple locations.
Mailchimp is a founder-owned and highly profitable company headquartered in the heart of Atlanta in the historic Ponce City Market, right on the Beltline. Our purpose is to empower the underdog, and our mission is to democratize cutting edge marketing technology for small business. We offer our employees an exceptional workplace, extremely competitive compensation, fully paid benefits (for employees and their families), and generous profit sharing. We hire humble, collaborative, and ambitious people, and give them endless opportunities to grow and succeed. If you'd like to be considered for this position, please apply below. We look forward to meeting you!
Mailchimp is an equal opportunity employer, and we value diversity at our company. We don't discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.