Corporate Development Integrations Program Manager, Finance
Mailchimp is a leading marketing platform for small business. We empower millions of customers around the world to build their brands and grow their companies with a suite of marketing automation, multichannel campaign, CRM, and analytics tools.
As the Corporate Development Integration Program Manager, you will be responsible for planning and executing successful merger and acquisition integrations in close collaboration with functional leaders from across the organization. In this capacity, you will own the integration plan and execution from end to end while proactively navigating challenges as they arise.
The ideal candidate will have a proven track record of managing multiple complex cross-functional projects while maintaining an efficient plan, tracking issues, and proactively communicating progress against project milestones. This person will also need to be adept at building close working relationships and quickly establishing personal credibility across an organization.
What you'll do...
- Develop and drive the pre-close business planning and integration process, including the identification of key risks and challenges and their associated mitigation plans, the development of short and long-term integration planning objectives and actions by functional area, etc.
- Lead post-close integration execution, including driving the accountability to deliver the business case, synergies, functional and cultural change, operational changes, etc.
- Facilitate stakeholder alignment across a diverse set of groups including the M&A team, department SMEs, exec leadership, etc.
- Own tracking / reporting of integration activity for internal consumption.
- Manage the reporting and resolution of issues, risks and dependencies, proactively identifying potential planning gaps, suggesting mitigations to risks, actions to close issues or complete open items.
- Provide thought leadership and analytical rigor to identify operational and integration issues pre- and post- acquisition, developing solutions, and driving decision making and escalation across multiple stakeholders.
- Surface strategic opportunities and identify risks & develop mitigation plans throughout the deal phases.
- As needed, help support all aspects of M&A deal execution including due diligence, creation of business case analyses, and due diligence summaries.
- Align & report on transaction value drivers & success metrics on a regular cadence.
We'd love to hear for you if...
- You have 5-7+ years of consulting and / or industry experience with a background in strategy consulting, business operations, or corporate development with practical expertise in enterprise software / SaaS industry.
- Demonstrated experience designing & leading complex, cross-functional initiatives specific to M&A is required.
- Demonstrate strong written and verbal communication skills, including ability to synthesize data and information and prepare Executive level presentations.
- Track record of building trusted relationships & influencing others (esp. exec audiences).
- Ability to succeed in a fast-moving, ambiguous environment with level-headed project management and team style.
- Ability to quickly grasp new concepts across a wide variety of technologies and domains.
Mailchimp is a founder-owned and highly profitable company headquartered in the heart of Atlanta in the historic Ponce City Market, right on the Beltline. Our purpose is to empower the underdog, and our mission is to democratize cutting edge marketing technology for small business. We offer our employees an exceptional workplace, extremely competitive compensation, fully paid benefits (for employees and their families), and generous profit sharing. We hire humble, collaborative, and ambitious people, and give them endless opportunities to grow and succeed. If you'd like to be considered for this position, please apply below. We look forward to meeting you!
Mailchimp is an equal opportunity employer, and we value diversity at our company. We don't discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.