Senior Manager, SEO
Mailchimp is a leading marketing platform for small business. We empower millions of customers around the world to build their brands and grow their companies with a suite of marketing automation, multichannel campaign, CRM, and analytics tools.
The marketing team helps drive the Mailchimp brand globally, shaping the perception of our platform, while driving growth. The Integrated Marketing team provides strategic guidance, executes a number of initiatives out in the wild, and recommends best practices across a number of marketing functions. We partner with the entire marketing organization and cross-functionally, helping to drive performance and meet organizational goals & objectives.
The Senior Manager, SEO is responsible for the SEO strategy and implementation of Mailchimp.com. In this role you will support the SEO and larger web team to optimize SEO performance of website - improve traffic, decrease SEM spend and increase conversion/revenue. You will work closely with cross-functional teams to provide SEO guidance and oversight to all pages created. Key responsibilities include researching and recommending keywords, and influencing creation of content to generate new and updated pages that are SEO optimized from launch.
In this role you should have experience in helping support SEO strategies for multiple domains. International experience is a plus. You have strong working knowledge of current and emerging SEO best practices as well as the ability to make and implement recommendations from technical and content audits. You thrive in collaborative cross-functional teams, you've built and managed experienced teams, and you have a drive for continuous optimization & improvement.
What you'll do here:
- You will develop the short-term and long-term SEO strategies for all Mailchimp domains, working closely with both domestic and international partners
- Work with leadership to build and deliver an SEO roadmap that reinforces our marketing and company goals for the website
- Oversee and coordinate team on day-to-day SEO tasks & projects
- Ensure a careful balance of on page and off page optimization, including content generation and link building
- Clear understanding of search algorithms and properly leveraging these facets in the SEO strategy
- Work with the Marketing Analytics team to develop the appropriate measurement and reporting of all organic traffic and sales (conversions) across all Mailchimp properties and page types
- Work across the marketing org and web engineers (website marketing, paid channels, owned channels, programmatic channels) to prioritize and deliver optimize program effectiveness
- Provide training to content, product, and development teams on an ongoing basis
- Continually provide feedback and work with the content and product teams to develop content that boosts optimization
- Determine what technologies are required to develop SEO strategies and goals
- Serve as a liaison with software engineers and developers to create new tools
- Stay up to date with industry trends and inform Mailchimp stakeholders on any required changes
- Recommend and implement A/B and multivariate tests to increase conversions on landing pages and website pages
- Consistently provide actionable feedback to the appropriate stakeholders
We'd love to hear from you if:
- You have 8+years of SEO experience
- 2+ years of management experience
- BA/BS in Marketing, Communications or Business Management with a strong understanding of technical SEO or BA/BS in Engineering or related technical field
- Preference for a combination of experience in B2B (Lead Generation) and B2C (E-commerce) SEO
- Prefer experience in managing multiple websites. International background is a plus.
- Familiarity with website systems, architectures, languages and platforms, including LAMP (Linux, Apache, MySQL, PHP), .NET,ASP, Java, JSP, etc. A background that includes website development is a plus
- Experience with link building and proper usage while representing the Mailchimp brand
- Ability to educate, communicate, and present to team members at various levels within the organization
- Prefer experience in the technology space; SaaS and E-Commerce industries is a plus.
- Proficient in Web Analytics tools such as Google Analytics
- Strong understanding of web development and design as it pertains to search engine algorithms
- Strong prioritization skills
- Excellent project management skills and ability to align efforts across multiple departments
- Very strong organization, problem solving, and interpersonal skills
- Self starter that is comfortable initiating and leading efforts, projects and programs
Mailchimp is a founder-owned and highly profitable company headquartered in the heart of Atlanta in the historic Ponce City Market, right on the Beltline. Our purpose is to empower the underdog, and our mission is to democratize cutting edge marketing technology for small business. We offer our employees an exceptional workplace, extremely competitive compensation, fully paid benefits (for employees and their families), and generous profit sharing. We hire humble, collaborative, and ambitious people, and give them endless opportunities to grow and succeed. If you'd like to be considered for this position, please apply below. We look forward to meeting you!
Mailchimp is an equal opportunity employer, and we value diversity at our company. We don't discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.