Senior Technical Content Producer
Mailchimp is a leading marketing platform for small business. We empower millions of customers around the world to build their brands and grow their companies with a suite of marketing automation, multichannel campaign, CRM, and analytics tools.
Our Technical Content team within our Customer Support department is made up of writers, producers, and content strategists who maintain our public knowledge base. We share a love for learning and a passion for helping our users succeed by simplifying complex concepts or instructions in an easy-to-understand way. We collaborate with many teams across Mailchimp to create exceptional documentation so our users can do their best work.
Technical Content is looking for a Senior Technical Content Producer to join our team. An ideal candidate is a skilled, empathetic, and creative person who can research and simply explain complex concepts, using a variety of visual media. You are drawn to solve problems and care deeply about helping others. Building lasting relationships with your coworkers, you bring a diverse perspective to our fast-paced (and sometimes slightly weird) workplace. We value creative, self-driven individuals who are enthusiastic about the work they produce and the people they work with. If this sounds like you, we would love to hear from you!
What you'll do:
- Collaborate with producers, technical writers, and product teams to research and explain complex concepts using a variety of visual media, such as video, motion graphics, animations, gifs, or infographics for the Mailchimp Knowledge Base
- Maintain current visual assets to ensure they are consistent with new product releases and updates
- Write, record, edit, and publish instructional video and visual content
- Ensure that Mailchimp brand standards are followed with production of visual assets
- Work independently and within a team to meet production deadlines
- Brainstorm fresh, new ways of providing educational content to users
- Mentor and coach less-senior producers
- Research and test Mailchimp’s new app features
- Identify user needs using user feedback and usage data
- Use metrics to measure the success of visual assets
- Evaluate the work of less-senior producers to ensure consistently high-quality assets
- Advise the team on standards, best practices, toolset, training, etc.
We'd love to hear from you if:
- 5+ years experience producing audio and visual content for instructional or educational purposes
- A degree in media, production, instructional design, or related fields or work experience
- Experience with scriptwriting for vocal and visual performance
- Strong experience working with NLE software (such as Screenflow, Premiere, Avid, Final Cut, Pro Tools, GarageBand, Audition, Sony Vegas, etc.)
- Experience working with Adobe design applications (Premiere, After Effects, Audition Photoshop, Illustrator, InDesign, etc)
- Experience with audio recording and engineering (working with microphones, sound design, audio mixing plugins/tools, etc.)
- Strong experience with conceptualizing and executing creative, instructional video projects
- Comfortable prioritizing, starting, and managing projects independently and with a team
- Comfortable working on new, changing, and fast-paced projects, and reiterating on them regularly
- Experience with animation and motion graphic design a plus
- Experience working within product delivery teams and bringing up concerns in a group setting as needed a plus
- Experience working with brands and producing content following brand standards a plus
- Experience with on-set camera, lighting, and audio is a plus
- Knowledge of the Canon c300 camera a plus
- Knowledge of screen capture for instructional videos a plus
- Experience with photography and/or graphic design a plus
Please include a reel and/or portfolio of related work.
Mailchimp is a founder-owned and highly profitable company headquartered in the heart of Atlanta in the historic Ponce City Market, right on the Beltline. Our purpose is to empower the underdog, and our mission is to democratize cutting edge marketing technology for small business. We offer our employees an exceptional workplace, extremely competitive compensation, fully paid benefits (for employees and their families), and generous profit sharing. We hire humble, collaborative, and ambitious people, and give them endless opportunities to grow and succeed. If you'd like to be considered for this position, please apply below. We look forward to meeting you!
Mailchimp is an equal opportunity employer, and we value diversity at our company. We don't discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.